Chapter 11

His anger burned Eve, drawing the others with his rage, just like moths towards a flame.

"Evan, let me explain," Eve began, watching Evan's hands clench at his sides.

"Explain?" Evan growled, facing him with an icy green gaze, "How can you explain this," he roughly tore away Eve's skirt before he could react, revealing the telltale bulge beneath his tight panties. Eve yelped, covering himself with his small hands. "You made me believe you actually liked me," Evan snarled, clenching the fabric of his skirt in his hand before throwing it into the fire, the fabric quickly disentigrating, "You lied to me Eve. If that is even your real name," he sneed, sarcasm bleeding through his lips.

"It's is but-"

"But nothing Eve!" Evan yelled, grabbing the front of Eve's shirt, "You're a liar! Just like the rest of them! You fucking tranny!" Hands pushed Eve against the ground, much to the crowd's delight. Tears pricked the edges of Eve's eyes, the soil providing no cushion for the fall.

"Evan plea-" he began when a sharp pain exploded on his side, causing him to gasp in pain.

"You fucking whore!" Evan said just as another kick collided against his back.

Unkindly laughter echoed through the half lucid crowd, a single phrase being chanted, "Whore! Whore! Whore!"

Eve felt his heart break into tiny pieces inside his chest, tears pricking the edge of his lined eyes, "Please stop," Eve begged. Hands grabbed him roughly by his shoulders, pulling him to his feet, his legs covered in dirt. For second Eve thought someone had reached to helped him but the same pair of hands pushed him towards Eve, the crowd forming a ring around the two.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" they jeered, the shadows dancing across their features, covering their pretty faces with monstrous masks.

Eve turned to Evan, the cold green eyes glowing with anger, "Why don't you man up to your mistakes fucking fag," he said, his fist immediately colliding against Eve's jaw. He met the ground once again, the pain in his jaw unbearable. Not once in his life had someone raised a hand to him and yet Evan didn't hesitate to strike him.

Names were thrown his way, shoes and dirt raining on him. One in particularly struck the back of his head, making stars dance around in his vision.

"You think he's dead?" Someone said, nudging Eve's bruised shoulder.

"Fuck if I don't know, but we need to get our asses outta here. Somebody get Evan, poor guy will be the laugh on Monday."

Someone snorted, "Are you kidding me? The tranny will be. Ain't nobody want to be around a queer."

The voices eventually faded, easily replaced by engines steering the cars away, leaving Eve alone next to the dying fire. Pain seemed to spread across his nearly naked body, his clothes torn and filthy, but it's was a small comparison to the pain inside his chest. His heart had been torn into pieces, discarded to the ground and stepped on by the one he wanted the most.

Get up, Eve thought, trying to stop the tears that flowed down his flithy and bruised cheeks. His lips quivered as he sat up, his pale, bruised skin exposed to the cold air. He blindly searched for his purse, the bag discarded by his side. He dirty fingers slipped around his phone, the screen immediately glowing under his fingertips.

He raised the cell to his ear, the ringing making his head ache, "Hello?" a familiar voice said, the deep voice providing a soothing balm.

"Adam," Eve rasped, his voice trembling as he tried to hold back his tears.

"Eve? Are you okay? Where are you?" Adam said, his comforting voice laced with concern.

Eve felt his heart squeeze inside his chest, fingers trembling as he tried to swallow his tears,  "Can you pick me up?"

"I'll be right there."

Eve dropped his cell, his body curling on the ground, hands clutching his arms. He didn't know how long he laid there, counting his breaths that were visible in the cold air, his mind replaying what Evan had told him.

Fucking fag.

"Oh my god Eve."

Eve didn't move from his fetal position, his tears having long dried. He could feel strong arms wrap around his body, "He hates me," Eve rasped.

Rough fingers gently tucked a hair strand behind his ear, "It's alright Eve," Adam murmured, pulling Eve's battered body into his arms, carrying him in bridal style. Eve would've laughed at his predicment if it weren't for his broken heart.

He should've seen it coming, but instead he let himself get caught in his own fairy tale of happy endings. A web of lies that he had some how begun to believe.

"I'm going to call your mom," Adam murmured when he gently placed Eve in the backseat of the car.

"No," Eve mumbled quietly, "She's working nonstop this weekened, "I don't want to bother her."

Adam paused but nodded, opening the passenger door and gently tucking Eve. Something heavy was draped around Eve, the smell of pine and smoke reaching his nostrils, warmth surrounding Eve's trembling form.

"Do you want to go to a hospital?" Adam said, turning on the engine.

Eve opened his tired and swollen eyes, glancing at the darkness that enveloped the sky,  the same color that was slowly wrapping itself around his heart. "No," he rasped, "I just want to go home."

A bit short but I think it needed to end here ^.^
Vote & Comment!