Chapter 7

"Oh my god!" Verona screeched into his ear, making him wince and pull the phone far away from his shattered ear drum.

"Ow, Verona," he whined, closing his eyes.

The speaker crackled with her laughter, "Don't you think it's weird that he's doing in for one favor?"

Eve bit his lip. It definitely was but he couldn't do anything about it. He already needed to focus on the exams that were coming up and his plot in snagging Evan's attention from Jennifer.

Gosh, he sounded like a an evil villain from a terrible romcom.

"Yeah," he murmured, glancing at his window that happened to look over Adam's house. No movement stirred within the home, the black motorcycle in the driveway being the only object outside.

Eve turned away from his window, his gaze focusing on the wall that had been filled with his favorite collectible figurines.

"Well," Verona said, her voice serious, "My dad found a job in another state."

Eve felt his heart drop inside his chest, "What?"

"I'm moving," Verona murmured, "I wanted to tell you last night but I got caught up with everything."

Tears pricked Eve's eyes, "But you can't move!" he cried, throwing his hand in the air, "You're supposed to stay and help me!"

A soft sigh crackled over the speaker, "I'm sorry Eve. I really didn't see this coming. At least you have Adam."

Eve buried his toes in his blanket. He hated that his closest friend was leaving him.

Verona had pushed him to act upon his crush on Evan and now she was going to leave him alone to finish something he wasn't even halfway there.

"Hey Eve," Verona said, her voice upbeat, "I gotta go. Need to finish packing my stuff. Ugh, I hate it, good night Evie."

"Night Ver," Eve mumbled before hanging up. A soft sigh leaving his lips.

"Something wrong?" a deep voice murmured. Eve cursed, nearly falling off of his bed.

His eyes darted to the large figure that leaned against the door frame, a black shirt hugging his muscles, a pair of dark jeans settling on his hips, "Adam? What are you doing here?!"

Adam chuckled as he wandered into Eve's room, taking in the odd objects that inhabited his room. It was a room that wasn't too boyish or girly, just normal.

"Your mom opened the door for me before leaving for her night shift," he spoke, plopping on Eve's favorite chair, "She offered me to stay over." A smirk curved his lips, the dimple prominent against his tan cheek.

Eve felt his cheeks flush, "You can't sleep over."

Adam arched a brow, "Why not?"

Eve squirmed in his bed, wiggling himself into the blankets to hide his favorite but rather embarrassing pajamas.

"Because it's my house my rules?" he murmured weakly.

Adam chuckled and stood up, "That's a shame. I was hoping we could spend quality time together since I'm starting school soon and I'm going to be spending it all day with you," he said, grabbing Eve's favorite Captain America action figure.

Eve yelped, quickly grabbing the delicate figure from Adam's large hands, "Don't touch that!"

Adam's dark brows rose, a hint of surprise visible in the blue depths before morphing into humor, his full lips thinning as he held back laughter.

Eve gasped and quickly jumped back into the bed, wrapping the sheets around himself as he whined in embarrassment.

"You know," Adam chuckled, "I've never seen Hello Kitty pyjamas on a guy before."

Eve cheeks flushed as he hid his cheeks behind his soft blue blanket, "I like them," he mumbled.

Adam raised his hands in mock surrender, "I'm not complaining. You like those kind of clothes, it's not my problem."

Eve bit the inside of his cheek as an awkward silence filled between them before Adam spoke, his voice serious, "So about yesterday..."

Eve glanced at Adam, "What about it?"

Adam shoved his hands into the pockets of his jeans, "Do you remember anything last night?"

Eve blinked in confusion his mind going back to remember the events from the previous night, "The last thing I remember is sitting around a circle and playing some weird game."

He watched Adam run his hand through his hair, "Nothing else?"

Eve bit his lip and shook his head, "No, nothing else. Why? Did I do something embarrassing?"

Adam chuckled and shook his head, "No. Nothing embarrassing, other than vomiting over the window."

Eve whined again, "Please don't bring that up anymore."

Adam smirked and hovered at the door, "I'm going to go. Gotta hit the sack, school and all."

Eve scrambled out of his bed, "Wait! How are you going to help me tomorrow?"

Adam grinned and licked his lips, "You'll see."

Eve followed close as they bounded down the steps, his bare feet barely making a sound against the wooden floor, "Please Adam, you have to tell me." Eve could barely comprehend what happened next. He could feel a hard body press him up against the wall, strong arms caging him against it.

Blue eyes meet his, dark hair falling over his forehead, "Rule Number One: Never, ever be desperate," he murmured as he leaned in, his soft lips trailing over Eve's cheek, "It's a turn off."

Eve felt his breath quicken, his body reacting strangely against Adam's. Hot blood rushed underneath his skin, not coupling well with Adam's body heat.

Eve felt a shiver go down his spine. He didn't know what this strange reaction was and for some reason, he disliked it. Yet, he couldn't help but feel an empty feeling inside his chest when Adam pulled away, his blue eyes glowing beneath the golden hues of the light.

"See you at school Eve," he spoke with a wink before stepping out of his home.

"See you at school," Eve whispered.