Chapter 5

Evan grinned, motioning for everyone to make some more room, "You know the rules, right newbie?"

Eve's neighbor smirked, his green eyes never wavering from Eve, "Definitely." He could feel his heart pound inside his chest as his neighbor stared at him with a knowing glint.

Did he know? Why was he looking at me that way? Eve thought, fingers playing with the frayed edges of his shorts.

"Alright I vote for Evan to go first," Jennifer said with a purse of her glossy lips. Everyone else agreed, leaving only Evan to spin.

Eve could only cross his fingers, hoping the rim of the beer bottle would land on him but at the same time it was one step closer from revealing to who he was.

Evan spun, the bottle spinning fast before slowing down and coincidentally landing on Jennifer Preston. Whoops and catcalls sounded through the circle as the two headed towards the closet, much to Eve's chagrin. Not wanting to think about it, he drowned his sadness into the tequila shot that had been handed to him without a second thought.

Eve winced, the burning fluid making him choke. The rest of the group laughed, making him blush in embarrassment.

"Man," Terrence said after he drank his shot, "Evan and Jenn have always been an on and off thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they were together by tomorrow."

Eve bit his lip, his eyes darting to the closet.

Minutes passed before they emerged, clothes askew and with Jennifer adjusting her bra.

Realization dawned on him. If he were to go into the closet with Evan, and they tried to go to second base, his sexual identity would be exposed. Coming to a party where sexual exploits would ruin his plans with Evan was definitely not a good idea.

"Guys," he said, standing onto his feet, "I think I should go."

"What?" Annabel cried, "You haven't even taken a turn yet. Come on," she said, grabbing his arm, "You spin and once your minutes are up you can leave, okay?"

Just don't go to second base, he thought before nodding and leaning forward to spin.

Please be Evan, please be Evan.

The bottle grew still, Eve's eyes slowly moved towards where the bottle pointed, a pair of green eyes staring at him with mischief.

Annabel giggled, "Oh! You and Adam!"

Adam. So that was his name, how ironic.

However, he didn't have the chance to dabble further when they were both shoved into the closet.

Eve blinked, his eyes trying to adjust to the darkness. He flailed blindly, searching for somewhere to grab.

A pair of hands grabbed Eve's hips, making him squeak in surprise.

A low chuckle resonated through the darkness, "Calm down Eve," he murmured.

"Calm down?!" Eve hissed, unable to move, "I'm in a dark closet with a stranger!"

Adam laughed softly, "You could've said no. Why didn't you say no?"

"Because I thought I was going to be with-" Eve froze, not daring himself to speak further.

Hands cupped the back of Eve's neck, "With who?"

A soft noise left the back of Eve's throat, "Evan," he whispered.

A low chuckle rose from Adam, "That jock? God, he's so boring. His whole brain seems to be filled with beer, sex and football."

"That's not true!" Eve protested, "He's kind and he is nice a-"

A low growl rose from the male before him, interrupting Eve's rush to defend Evan. The air around him stirred, warmth suddenly touching his skin. Soft lips touched his, a single hand cupping the back of his neck.

Eve gasped, letting Adam take advantage and delve his tongue into his mouth, touching and exploring every nook and cranny.

So this is what a kiss feels like.

Unfamiliar but pleasant warmth spread over his body, a pair of rough but gentle hands gripping his waist as soft lips danced against one another. He could feel a soft tingle go from his lips towards his toes, his knees suddenly becoming weak.

A low moan came from Adam's throat, sending Eve crashing from the heavens.

He pulled away, his breath coming in quiet pants.

He kissed Adam, in a closet. This wasn't making any sense. He had come here for Evan but instead he was stuck with his next door neighbor who looked like he belonged on the cover of a magazine.

Eve felt himself so completely out of it, he didn't even hear the sirens screaming loudly over the music.

"Cops!" he heard someone cry out, the sounds of a crowd of footsteps and screaming filling the house.

Eve tensed, fear filling his veins, helplessness freezing his muscles.

"Shit," Adam cursed under his breath through the darkness.

A hand wrapped around Eve's and dragged him out of the closet. The group had already left, bottles of beer and tequila littering the floor.

"Nice friends you have," Adam muttered, tugging Eve forward.

Eve frowned, watching the room dance around him at a dizzying pace. He glanced blearily at Adam, "I have no friends," he slurred.

Adam brows furrowed, a cute wrinkle appearing between them, "Are you drunk?"

Eve blinked, "Eh?"

"Jesus fücking Christ, don't tell me that was your first time trying alcohol," Adam said.

Eve blinked at him in confusion, his thoughts slowed by the sludge that filled his brain.

"Shit" Adam swore, "Come on. We gotta go before the cops catch us."

"Cops are fat. They eat donuts on the streets," Eve mumbled, following Adam.

Why was he following him?

Eve trudged after him, each step squeezing his balls. God, he knew he should've worn pants and not the super short shorts his cousin forced him to wear. At least his butt looked absolutely fabulous in them.

His eyes darted to Adam's backside, the blue jeans that hung low on his hips, cupping perfectly the well formed behind.

Yup. His butt looked fabulous too.

"Quit eyeing my ass and hurry up," Adam said, tugging Eve's hand and guiding him through in open window.

Eve groaned. He was not going to jump from a second story window, and the wooden plant frames didn't seem all that safe.

He felt his stomach churn inside his belly, urging Eve forward to vomit everything that had previously filled up his stomach.

He could hear Adam curse behind him, his hands grabbing his waist to keep him from keeling over the balcony.

Adam pulled him back in, using his body to prop Eve's.

Eve could only groan, not daring to think about the muscles that shifted and tensed beneath his own. He peered through his lashes, red and blue lights illuminating Adam's handsome features, it was the last thing he saw before darkness consumed him.