Chapter 7: Caleb

"Gone but how, I mean she was with you last night?" He questions as I sand in front of him hoping to death that he may have any answers but none. I didn't understand why I relied so much on him now when before I couldn't even give him a speck of my trust. I get above all he did save her but that still didn't repair the mind that her once help almost kill her. "She you know I don't really know as well, I mean we feel asleep and when I awoke she was gone." Fear flooded my system, is it my fault I wast there for her when she disappeared, could I have saved her I stayed awake a bit longer. I couldn't let doubt fright and diminish my goal, I was to get Tris back if that meant dying while doing so. "So if she's not here not at Uriah's not at my house than what happened?" Christina blurted out breaking the silence. I stare into Calebs half cold eyes I didn't know whether to believe him or no, his eye say no but the way he feel states other wise.

I snap out of the trance, and look back to Christina. "Marcus." I whispered once more. "I'm sorry Tobias I couldn't hear you." Christina states but I understand because I don't even now if I can hear or believe myself. I repeat once more. "Marcus." There's silence in the room as Christina and Caleb stare blankly at me, they don't know they don't understand. "But how he, I mean didn't he take the abeng-memory serum." He stutters when he says abnegation and remembering there are no factions left. I'm sitting on a rusty old couch and it's probably from Candor due to the colors. Black and white, but the white is no longer new and shinny but more of an off white due to fading.

The door slams open and I jump to my feet. I look around the corner praying that Tris will appear from a dark tunnel. Tell me that she was hanging around in the pit, yet it's not Tris who comes by. Its a brown haired girl, my heart sinks and so do I back into the couch. Christina stares at the girl I don't recognized, she's wearing black and white, I assume she still hasn't felt at home in this open community, so she still wears what she wore when there was factions. I don't understand why she's here I must of looked as confused as I was because she noticed.

"What are you staring at?" She questioned. I shake my head and look at Caleb who seems to know the young girl who looks the same age. He walks up to her and welcomes her with a hug and then a kiss on the cheek. I still don't get who this girl is but I made an assumption that it had to do with a relation ship. "So you two know each other? Clearly pretty while due to the kiss you just dropped on her." Christina jokes, I smirk and try not to laugh. "Ya this is Brooke, I meet her when the factions were distorted. I kind of ran into her." He smiles at Brooke who was clearly just classified as Caleb's girlfriend. "Literally." Brooke chimes in and latches her hand to his intertwining the fingers around each other. I wish I could hold Tris's hand at this moment, I want to feel her love her warm kisses on my lips and fingertips up and down my back tracing every factions symbols.

I miss her.

"Anyways about Marcus." I say trying to ver of track of were my thoughts were going. "Oh ya so, didn't Marcus take the memory serum, he wouldn't remember you, or Tris, or even were you live. How could he have taken Tris in the middle of the night in your apartment. I just don't get it." Christina states.

"I didn't either, well at first. But then I begin to think about Marcus and his qualities, he's divergent and well he could of resisted it." I counter.

"But divergent cant resist the memory serum it's impossible." Caleb says while holding his arm around Brooke.

"Ya but Marcus is the strongest person when it comes to emotions, he can resist anything love, work, even his own son. He could of resisted the memory serum as well."

Christina taps her finger and I can tell she's thinking about everything I had said, and I sometimes wonder why I'm not. I mean could he really of resisted it. Or am I just going crazy and what about the dream was that a warning, or just a figment of my imagination that occasionally pops into my head. What would Marcus even want with Tris, the only thing that can come to mind is he wants me and he know the only way to get me is to get the on I love. These questions swirled around my head like a blizzard and I had decided to stand in the middle letting them change my perspective and most of all change the situation that could be happening.

"We can just stand here." Christina shouted as she popped up from the couch. "If Marcus really got her than anything could be among her now." I picked myself as well from the deep creases in the dusty old Candor couch.

"But where? She could be anywhere she could even be half way across the globe for gods sake!! You expect her to be around the corner or at an apartment right above us, it's unrealistic!" Caleb sounded more concerned than I thought he was. I mean he was right on one hand but he doesn't know Marcus like I know him as the evil snake he is. "My abnegation house." I whisper.

"What Tobias?" Christina questioned.

"He doesn't want Tris, he doesn't want to kidnap her but only use her to get to me. It makes sense he doesn't have anything against her, he didn't want to hide her far away but in the most obvious place, my old Abnegation home." I say while my jaw drops onto the ground as reality slams into me like a subway train at full speed.

"Tobias that's brilliant, I'm surprised!" Caleb says with a smile, I couldn't tell if he was just being funny throwing jokes at me but his smile look evil and malicious, I ignored his comment and pushed through him and Brooke and break there arms apart and make my way to the front door. "Christina..., come on Tris is in trouble and we should be going." I announce while grabbing my jacket and sloping it over my shirt I was wearing late last night and the jeans I forgot to take off. I look back at Christina who follows my tracks to the opening between The two love birds. She grabs her coat repeating my actions.

"Good luck you two!" Caleb shouts. I'm shocked by what he said he was so worried before but now he doesn't want to come. I let a few words escape my rusted shut mouth. "Your some big brother, oh and when your sister is pronounced died ill make sure your not invited to her funeral" Sarcasm drifts through my voice as I close the door leaving it open for Christina to do the same. Although I was kidding about the funeral I sure didn't want to think of it in detail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Abnegation looks different than after the war. Boxes don't float around debris has been picked up making the area look clean and back to normal. The only absence was the lack of people bustling through the town, standing at stoplights and most of all the absence of the bla grey clothing that never showed to much skin. The more I think about abnegation the more Tris comes to mind. The day she jumped off the roof of the dauntless building. Her grey dress, her perfect blonde hair in a tight bun on the back of her head. She was perfect not quite the most beautiful girl there but she was everything to me.

She was mine.

I walk up to The building my nerves heighten and my muscles tense in the sight of it. Memory's of being whipped and my father abusing my dear mother, who was helpless and the only one who held her back was me. Christina walks up next to my side and slides her hands within mine I look at her and I can tell she senses tension. Her hand was more comfort than a symbol of love.

"It's gonna be fine we will get her back, I promise." I began to think I wasn't so sure of that.

Ok guys information chapter sorry it's kind of short and it took for ever to get up. What do you think should happen please comment and I'll be sure to take them into consideration

1) Tobias trades himself in to Marcus for Tris's safety

2) Tris is badly injured from Marcus tricks Tobias to thinking he's trading himself in so Tris doesn't get hurt but really Marcus traps them both.

3) Marcus says he doesn't have Tris and he hid her somewhere else.

4)Other(write what ever you want in the comment section)

Thanks so much and please don't forget to comment and vote every time I come on her and see that people are enjoying my book it means sooooo much, I don't know when the next chapter will be up but I'm going on an 8hr trip during Christmas break and I'm sure I'll have one up then!!! Thanks again for your support!!

~Zoë

Btw I dedicate this chapter to everyone who commented last time it means soooooooo much and I think I know what I want to do by the number of votes but you still can't tell right now. :-)