Chapter 3: The Good News

Last chapter:
Then I hear a faint voice "Tobias", I slowly turn around to see a weak nimble girl in the door way.

It was Tris.

Chapter 3: The Good News (Tobias POV)

I run toward her with open arms, slowing down when I got close to her so I wouldn't hurt her. She was hurt bad, she had a bandage wrapped around her waist were she was shot. I held her tight in my arms and kissed her check. I picked her up holding her like she was a baby and carried her toward Cara.

"She needs medical attention Cara." I say while brushing the hair out of her beautiful face.

"We might be able to get into the hospital but we need to hurry she looks pretty bad"

I carry Tris all the way to the hospital doors in a run knowing that every second counts. We push right through the doors and run to an open hospital room which happens to be right next to Uriah. Tris had fallen asleep on the way there, she looked peaceful face and smiled. I thought out side my head in a whisper. " She's going to be ok, everything's going to be ok." I say trying to reassure myself. I carry her down on the bed and Christina and Cara went to seek help while Zeke and Hanna went to see Uriah.

When Christina and Cara came back they handed me a pillow and a blanket because I think she knew I would be sleeping here. Behind them was a nurse She said her name was Linda and she shook my hand almost telling me that she was gonna do her best. "She's pretty beat up, but I think every things going to be fine." while she was getting Tris set up I fell asleep.

(Tris's POV)

I begin to wake and reach for the words "Tobias" once again. My body felt limp and I couldn't move with out being shocked by pain. As I open my eyes I could see white walls, and wires surrounding me I turned my head and the pain shots through my body like lightning.

I begin to say more words, but they sounded weak and mumbly.

"Tob..ias I l...ove y...ou"

Someone grabbed my hand and held it tight. Not to tight but just right, it was comforting. It was Caleb. I sat in silence and listen to what they were saying.

"Tobias! Tobias! Wake up Tris is finally awake! Caleb said while taping his shoulder.

I could hear Tobias wake up and grumble a bit and the walk to my other side.

"Tris, I'm right here, I will never leave your side."

I look over and see Tobias on his knee's grasping my hand.

"I love you Tobias." Was all that could get out. It felt like the most appropriate thing to say.

He leans over and plants a kiss on my forehead. I was still a little out of it but I loved his warm comforting lips on my head. I wanted to get up and kiss him back but Linda the nurse Cara retrieved said I should be on bed rest for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next week Tobias slept in the chair by the bed and I realized that he meant it when he said he would never leave my side. I woke up and felling better I saw Tobias sleeping soundly in the doctors chair. I got up thinking its been a week since they told me that I wasn't allowed to move. I went over to Tobias and sat on his lap, he woke up in shock.

"Mourning sleepy head." He said while smiling, and then he picked me up from his lap and laid me back on the hospital bed."Are you suppose to out of bed."

I smile and then shake my head."I didn't think so." He said. "How you doing, better I hope."

"A little light headed, but you know good I guess." I smile and stair up at him I couldn't stop, we get to start a new life together alone, and not at the same time, because I'm surrounded by family.

Sorry guys this one was so short!!! I'll try to update by Wednesday but I've been really busy with school and swim practice!!! I promise next chapter will be better and longer I will be the start of there new life together please keep updated, comment and follow. Thanks!!

-Zoë