Chapter 12: Escape plan

Tris POV:

I wake up in the dark cave I was set in a week ago a bowl of soup has been placed in my cage and I have yet you eat. The word cage sounds like I'm a beast trapped in a zoo alone cold, I never knew how they felt but I see now. My friends probably think me and Tobias are dead by now and Christina would be expected to save us if anyone. Tobias and I have talked little but Marcus over heard everything. He knows when I weak he know when I'm sleeping and he especially knows when we try to escape. Days go by and I lose drake of time, each tally I scratch on the wall makes this seem more and more like a prison. My brother Hasn't been seen but to my mind he's probably spreading thoughts to the people how we are dead and how he tried to save us. The more days go on the more I forget what's it like in the sunlight and the more I sit here the more I lose hope.

I look around. Tobias is already awake his head trembling pointed down. He's been like that since we where told about Marcus's plan. He speak quietly and most of the time he is telling me how sorry he was. I know that he came to save me and I know he failed but I couldn't be happier to have him here. Tobias looks up from his deep thought and his eyes still glowing a deep brown looked at. "I've got it.." He whispers calmly. I stare at him with a blank expression my matted hair shielding my unkept face.

"You have what?" I say blankly and dull. Hope had become a thing of the past these cages where full proof.

"I have a plan- of escape" I look at him as my eyes light up. For the first time hope surges through my rusted veins once more. I wish I could hug Tobias he looked stone cold and serious, I just wanted to warm his cold heart.

"We're gonna get through the front door, what we need to is to first escape our cells you and me we can take him out and run."

"And if there are others."I ask pointing out all of the possibilities. "Than I guess we will have to do what dauntless do best." He says with ha smile creeping along his face.

"See this." he says pointing to a long stick clearly crafted from near by tools. This is our main plan of escape I'm going to use this to get the keys attached to the loop on the hook by the wall over their." He lifts the stick and reaches over through the bars.

"Almost their Tobias. Reach just bit more!! Their their its on." I hear a clink as the keys rattled to the floor. I mumble words under my breathe as I get more nervous.

"Clink clomp clink clomp." A quiet thumping coming from up the steps. "Tobias listen." I whisper placing my ear against the stone walls. "Tobias!! Marcus is coming hurry pull it in!"

The door slowly opens to the top of the basement steps as Tobias drops the makeshift stick. "I heard noise!!" Marcus shouts from the steps.

"Ahhhh!! Trying to escape I see now let have this contraption doohickey and these keys will be coming with me." I watch as he picks up the keys and walks over to Tobias's "cage".

Tobias POV:

"Yes father dear." I say in a fake sweet tone. He closes in on the cage His hands on the bars but all I could think was hear is my last chance.

"Now Tobias I don't believe you need another beating do you?" He questions without wanting an answer.

I lunches in griping on the collar of his shirts tightly pulling his face against the bars. "Father drop the keys before you get hurt." I say tensely but before he could answer I lunge my knee the ought the openings in the bars and hit him where no man wants to be hit. At the release of my hands he falls to the ground cringing. I lean down and swipe the keys from his closed hands and nervously try to open the prison cells. I took me a good second to get a good enough grip on the lock but when I did I firmly shoved in the key unlocking the doors to freedom.

I try to slide the door open but Marcus's clearly alive but still body is blocking the door. I push once again with more force and Marcus's slowly skids across the floor moaning and groaning. "Tobias!" Tris screams with joy as I grasp the lock and jam in the key frantic to free her. I twist the key and the lock clatters to the ground. I open the door and her fragile body falls into my arms. It's been weeks since I could hold her. "You could say that it didn't work the way I planed." She laughs into my chest. "But it worked didn't it." She smiles. We both look at Marcus at the same time. "You could say that."

"Come on we need to run before he gets up." We run up the steps hand and hand sprinting to the door as the sunlight burns my eyes with joy. I pick up Tris in my arms and cradle her as I run towards our apartment. She smile and her eyes light up, I lay a soft kiss on her battered check and continue to run.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The first thing I see when we arrive to the town it Christina se runs up her eyes fill with tears as she gives us both a big hug. "Celab said you where dead, I..I didn't want to believe him but he insisted I didn't go back. I sorry I gave up on you guys so fast, I'm sorry." she says clearly guilty. "It's ok it's ok." I say putting Tris slowly down on the ground we break into embrace and I give her a true kiss on the lips, something I had missed for the longest of time I reach up and lay my hand on her pale check and watch as tears drip form her blue eyes. I slowly take my thumb and wipe her eyes free of the tears-

free of the pain.

Sorry if it was a little boring!! Ok guys so I hoped you like it sorry for the late update I was on vacation!!!!! please vote comment like and don't forget to check out my other books that I have recently started. I enjoy all of my readers and their input to please please please comment below and I hope you don't hate. It's almost summer and I'll be able to write chapters everyday so be prepared. It's just that school gets in the way and I have like a million giant tests to take!! Please vote comment and follow!!

~Zoë

Questions:

Which one of my other books should I write as well

1. Escaping Amity

2. What if?

3. Element

4. Swimming towards the gold

What would you name Tobias and Tris's kids (no spoilers to my book ;) comment your choices!!!