Chapter 2: The Bad News

(Tobias POV)

While Peter and I were running to the Uriah's home I looked at my watch. It was time, the memory serum was suppose to of gone off already, yet it hasn't. Caleb must of succeeded he has saved the world from the idea of GD's. I know I haven't really favored him in the past and he was Erudite, but what he did was a Dauntless, and selfless thing. What he did was true self sacrifice.

Hana, single mother of Uriah and Zeke sits in the easy chair in the living room. I can see her sitting uneasy in the chair as she probably new there was going to be bad news. Her hands clasped in her lap. Zeke rubbing his eyes with his hands trying to wake up.

I felt like I wanted to leave, walk right out the door, I was afraid to tell the the terrible news. But I knew they deserved the truth about there beloved son and brother.

Around the room I could see pictures of them, one with Zeke standing next to his mother who has baby Uriah in her lap. Another with just their father. By the age of Uriah and the absence of there father in the family picture I could tell he must of died when he Uriah was young.

Christina and Amar had found them earlier. I only found them because they left a note on the car saying they were in there family apartment above the Dauntless head quarter.

Hanna begin to speak breaking the silence in a scared weary voice."What happen to my son. Thats why your here isn't it to tell us the bad news."

I cleared my throat and answered."I don't know what to say. Uriah was badly injured in a attack. He's in a coma and..."

"He's not going to wake up, is he," she said in a tight voice while looking at the fireplace were the family picture stands
"That's why you came here, right?"

"And to take you back to see him so you can see him before..."

"He's unplugged" Zeke blurts out.

"We would like to go see him, and I want to say thanks for coming to get us" says Hana.

"There's one more thing." I say with a strained voice. " The attack was something that many people participated in and I was one of them"

I take a glance at Zeke, he says nothing just sits there and looks at the coffee table.

"I'm sorry, I didn't do what you asked me to, didn't protect him."

"We better get going." said Zeke with no emotion. I nod and lead them toward the door they grab there jackets and I lead them to were the new truck is to take them back to the Uriah

We ride back in total silence back to the compound. No one said a word the whole way back. It starts to snow again and I start to wonder about Tris seeing her waiting for me back at the compound ready to begin a new together.

We exit the truck yet again in complete silence except for Christina who leans over and whispers to me. "So you did it. It worked"

I smile and nod. She feels safe. We are safe.

We walk past the fence and into the compound only to see no one there. It was quiet and empty. Zeke's holding his mothers hand as we walk through the unguarded doors.

"Where is everyone?" Amar says

We walk trough the check point were no one is monitoring the machines. No one was making us stop we just walked through with ease.

I finally see someone, it Cara. She looks pretty beat up with bruises and bandages across her face. Across her face is a look of concern, it frightens me.

"What's wrong."

"It's Tris she....she."

"She what!" yells Christina.

"Where is she" I ask.

"She went in the weapons lab instead of Celeb, I'm sorry Tobias we cant find her but there's a lot of blood I don't thinks she made it"

Christina falls to the ground in a cry. I just stood there unsure of what I just heard. She wouldn't of left me, she wouldn't of taken Celebs place, but the thing was is that she would thats who she is that's Tris.

I stood there in disbelief I couldn't do anything not even think I didn't want to. What will I do without her, is all I could think she was the love of my life. She was my only love.

Then I hear a faint voice "Tobias", I slowly turn around to see a weak nimble girl in the door way.

It was Tris.

Hey, guys I hope you liked it please comment and follow!!! Let me know what you think and if you have any ideas of what I should do next. Sorry about the mistakes!! The more you comment the more I want to write this story!! Please share this with your friends!!!
-Zoë