Family Interviews

Hi so I kinda messed up , the interviews were supposed to be in the final 8. Can we pretend this is ok please. Luv ya all xxxxx.

Katniss's POV (didn't think about that one did you)

So far Robyn has done well. Prim hasn't slept at all and gale has been around with his family. I'm glad gales here otherwise I would have broken down.

The capitol escort, Effie Trinket, and Haymitch ( the only living victor) arrived yesterday to get us ready for the family interviews. They want to interview me, Prim and Mum. Good luck. I just want Robyn to come back.

I hear the host something Flickerman announce our name and then we were pushed onto a stage in front of district 12. Oh God.

" Ahhhhh welcome Everdeen family , how are you enjoying this years games?" He asked us. Before I could say anything mum speaks up.

"Well its nerve racking to be honest. I just want our little bird to come home."

" I see well she's got to the final 8 so it is a possibility. So Katniss, Robyn volunteered for you at the reaping. How did you feel?"

I thought about it and decided to awnser truthfully. "I was so relieved until I realised who took my place." I say looking at my hands.

" I see, if you don't mind me asking, why is Robyn's second name Star and yours Everdeen?"

Not really knowing the awnser myself I let mum speak up again.

" Well her parents were great friends of mine, but when they both died in a mining accident she was left alone. She was best friends with Katniss and helped me out with Prim too. I thought I could repay the favour and take her in. She works so hard for us, she doesn't deserve this." My mum says turning more distant then normal.

"Right so we are just about out of time here but do you each want to send Robyn a message?"

Prim went first.

" Robyn please come home. You may not be my sister but without you my world would be a darker place. I need you telling me that I'm beautiful and teaching me how to forage berry's. Please win. For me. For you. For everyone."

I could only smile. Prim had a great way with words. Mum was next.

" Robyn please just try. You help us all so much. Without you we would all be ill. We need you. I know you can do it."

Everyone turned to me and I decided to do what Robyn would do.

" You were put into those games Little bird but you can't be pulled out. You have to do it on your own. I know you can. I know it. You are strong. I've seen the charts. All the districts but the careers want you to win. Give us hope that a district 12 girl can win again. Give us all a voice."

I then kissed my 3 middle fingers to my lips then held them in the air. I whispered Robyn's name and sat down. She needs to win this.

For her. Her me. For the Everdeens. For district 12. For the districts. For Panem.