Allies?

Robyn (POV)

As I look around all the survival stations I see a girl no more than 13 trying the camouflage station. I smile to myself and walk over to her.

"Hi there my name is Robyn, what's yours?" I say gently to the girl.

"My name is Jewels. I'm from district 7" Jewels says with a small smile on her face.

" Really how old are you Jewels? " I ask.

"13" she says proudly. " I know about you though Robyn , you are very pretty."

" thank you and you are so adorable. You remind me of my younger sister. Hey I can show you how to do that if you can show me how to climb." I say trying to sound as gentle as possible. One of the bakers boys ,Peter, taught me how to paint well.

"Ok I would like that" Jewels said.

I spent the rest of the morning with jewels showing her how to use a bow and her showing me all her survival knowledge. She is particularly good at healing and all the plant stuff.

At lunch she goes to sit with her partner and I go to sit with Jake. I grabbed a kind of stew and by the looks of it so did Jake.

" Found any allies yet" Jake says.

" I want Jewels from 7. She needs protecting!" I say confidently.

" Really Ok if you want I guess" Jake says but I can tell he's confused. " I used a sword and spear and the careers actually wanted me to join them. Mabey I can get them to let you join to."

"No thanks I can hold my own but have fun with those idiots" I say angrily.I. don't. need. his. help.

" Fine I guess if you aren't my Allie then you are my enemy. See you around." Jake says as he gets up and sits with the careers.

After lunch I go to the obstacle Corse for a while. I actually do quite well if I say so myself. The women their was impressed. I turn to see the male tribute from 4 watching me.

" Hi, can I help you with something" I say defensively.

" Yeah you help me with aim and I teach you how to swim." He says with a smile on his face.

I think about this . What do I have to loose.

" sure I guess"

It took me 2 hours to get his aim right but we did spend 15 minutes at leased joking about how the careers were trying to intimidate us. He didn't want to join them because he thought he would just end up being killed in his sleep. I learnt his name is wade and he was 17. He taught me to swim in roughly and hour and a half so after that I introduced him to Jewels. After a talk we all decided to be allies. For the first time since I arrived at the capital I feel as if I have a chance of doing well.

Thanks for reading. xxxxxxx