Tribute Parade

Robyn (POV)

After watching my home disappear behind me I go to the front of the train where I see Effie , Jake and our only living victor Haymitch Abernathy. When Effie noticed me she got up and came trotting over.

"OMG where did you go, I have been looking for you." Effie shrieked.

" Sorry I just wanted to see district 12 as long as I can." I say slightly annoyed.

" Manners young lady." Effie says.

" Hey Effie give the girl some room." Haymitch says as he comes up behind her.

"Congratulations kid" Haymitch says sarcastically as he goes to another room.

I go to sit down next to Jake and continue looking out the window.

"Hey your the girl that lives with the Everdeens right." Jake says." Sorry about your parents."

"yeah, me too" I say quietly.

We just sit in silence until I go to my room and fall quickly to sleep.

::::::::::::::::: Time Skip:::::::::::::::;

After breakfast Effie said we would be in the capital in 30 minutes so Hamitch wanted to talk strategy.

"ok so what are you good at?" Hamitch says after a glare from Effie. Oh aren't these people soooooooooo nice to be around in our final days.

" I um never really do anything like this so I really don't know." Jake says quietly.

" Um I guess I'm ok with bows and knives." I say nonchalantly.

" ok. Your better than ok Robyn. My dad says that when he buys game from you it is shot in the eye or sliced at the neck every time." Jake says enthusiastically.

" You can do that with Long ranged weapons?" Haymitch asked.

"yeah it just takes practice " I say. " I've been thinking about my angle and I have an idea that I would come across as this sarcastic, mysterious and deadly kinda girl."

"ok yeah but if you want more sponsors add sexy to that list " Haymitch says

I don't have time to reply as Effie comes to tell us we have arrived at the capital.

We all walk out to screaming capital people. That's not the strange part though, the strange part is that they are screaming my name.

I put on the character I created and start smirking and wiggling my fingers to the crowd.

After a LONG 'pamper' session I am placed in a room to wait for my stylist.The door opens to reveal a normalish looking man walk in. Thank god, I can't deal with another person that looks like a florescent cone.

"Hi my name is Cinna I am your stylist " he says with a warm smile on his face. "I'm sorry you have to go through this."

"wow your the first one who hasn't congratulated me. Thanks" I say with a smile of my own.

"I don't see the point in that, know lets get your dress on" he says.

After another long hour I am ready. I open my eyes to see me in a black skater dress that is much like the style of my mums with what looks like embers on it.

"wow" that's all I could say.Cinna laughed and guided me to the chariot.

According to Effie I was late so as soon as I got on to the chariot we were moving up the line. I heard Cinna say when we where out there that Jake should press the button. I wonder what button that was?

As we go out from the room I instantly hear cheering. Jake must of pressed the button because the next thing I know the embers on my dress where glowing like a star would. I smirk and wave to the crowd throwing in winks for Haymitch. This just makes them cheer more. Roses are thrown down to me and I manage to catch one. I hold it in the air and then throw it back in the direction it came from.When we get to the end of the line President Snow said a speech to welcome us to the hunger games. I only really payed attention when he looked directly at me and said.

"may the odds be ever in your favour."

Sorry it sucks xxxxxxx