Training

Robyn (POV)

I wake up the next day early. I look at the clock to see it was 5:30am. Great. I try to get back to sleep but it's no use so instead I decide to walk around abit.

Haymitch said something about a roof as we were in the elevator to 12's floor yesterday. I go into the elevator and find a button that simply says 'roof' and push it. It quickly takes me up to a quite pretty rooftop with a view of the capital for miles on each side. I gasp slightly at the sight as I stare in wonder. I am suddenly broken from my state by a low silky voice.

"Hello there" the mysterious voice says slightly amused. I turn sharply to see none other than the capitals golden boy Finnick Odair with a smirk on his face. Normally Women would faint just hearing that voice but I will not be one of those women. On the outside at leased.

"Hey your the boy from 4 aren't you. The one that won his games at 13." I say pretending not to know who he is. Even district 12 knows about him.

"Finnick Odair" he says with a kind of annoying smirk. "Your the girl from 12 that everyone's talking about."

"People are talking about me?" I asked slightly confused.

" Yeah did you not here the name people are giving you. Your already the capital's star. Probably something to do with you volunteering for your best friend. I must admit even I was touched." He said but I'm not sure if he was joking or not. I decide to play it off as if it was.

" I'm so glad I could even touch the golden boys heart ." I say sarcastically.Finnick raised an eyebrow and chuckled as he walk closer to me.

"Well you certainly did that. Now , I know your last name but would you care to enlighten me on your first and Mabey abit about yourself to?" Finnick said still with that smirk on his face clearly trying to flirt. Not that easily Finnick. You know my name and if you want to flirt your going to have to work for it.

"Mabey but for now I must be going. You see I have to fight to my death in a arena in a few days so training is in order for me. If we meet again i would love to talk more but until then I'm just the district 12 girl on the roof." I say flashing a sarcastic smile as I pass him to leave.

I will not get distracted by Finnick Odair's charms. I will not be another one of his broken hearts. I will not get hung up over him.

I hope.

:::::::::::::::::: Time skip ::::::::::::::::::::::::

After my early encounter with Finnick I decided to get dressed in a all black ( and really tight fitting) training outfit. I put my hair up into a side plat and went to the dining room to eat a apple before waiting for Jake to be ready. After a long time he was and we went down to the training room.

" What are you going to do today?" Jake asked.

" I'll use a bow and try to learn to use some other types of weapons as well and the survival stuff. You? " I say back

" oh, survival and try to find a weapon I can use." He says with a little smile.

"Hey I know your strong and smart. You can do just as well as anyone so don't put yourself down ok." I say trying to be gentle.

" yeah ok. Does Robyn actually care." Jake says mockingly.

" I've always cared its just im not allowed to show it." I say with a smile.

After that we enter the training room to see we are the last ones there. After a short speech basically about how most of us would die we were sent to work. I went strait to the bow and arrow station.

"Name district and age please" the female trainer asked with a half smile.

" Robyn Star, 12 and 16" I say back.

"have you used a bow before?" She asked again.

"yeah I have " I say confidently

After that I am allowed to go and practise so I pick a bow, and get in position to fire. As I'm about to let go I can see all the 'careers' looking at me and laughing amongst themselves.

I send a sweet smile to them and then send 6 arrows at once to the 6 dummies all hitting the bullseye. I place the bow back , curtsy when i see the gamemakers watching and walk casually to the survival sections with a smirk on my face looking at the careers shocked faces.

Thanks for reading this far. Please tell me if I should change anything. Xxxxxx