Chapter Eighty Eight

"Show me how you would sit down, miss Delamane." The posh woman spoke, eyeing Evee up and down, her hands tied together.

The blonde stood there a little awkwardly, shifting her eyes towards Kate, silently pleading for help. In the last hour, she had never been so judged before in her life. It seemed as if it was easier doing CPR than it was greeting other royalty. "Go ahead, Miss. The Duchess has been through this as well." The black haired woman spoke, encouraging her to sit down with etiquette.

Evee wanted to ask how she actually survived this on her own but she didn't want Sonja (that was the etiquette teacher's name) to give her another 'tut tut tut'. The sound that came through her lips together with the disappointing headshake made Evee shudder.

Sonja watched how Evee sat down, legs together, quite elegantly. "That's good, you're doing it well!" Horror etched over her face when the future Duchess threw her one leg over another in comfort. "No! No! Don't ever do that! You may cross your ankles but you must never cross your legs, it's masculine! A flash of princess-ly undergarments would be a severe broach of protocol."

Evee raised her eyebrows as she noticed Kate holding back her laughter at her face from the corner of the room. She wanted to comment that her undergarments weren't princess like whatsoever and she was certain Harry would agree. The "Mind If I Slytherin?" comment on one of her panties would probably make the headlines if that one popped up. She decided then to never wear the green underpants underneath a dress. She would not explain that one to the Queen.

"Stand up, do it again." Sonja spoke. "Remember, one must brush the chair with the back of your calves." The older lady watched how the blonde did it quite well once again. "Most astonishing! A lot better than before! Now lesson three: walking. Stand up, miss."

Evee watched how the woman, who actually quite resembled a Chihuahua walked around her. "Walk like you normally would. I shall correct you."

Evee tried to remember how to walk with a little dignity, head held high. "Don't cross your knees!" Sonja sighed, leaving out a huff. "You glide, you need to glide." The blonde tried holding back laughter, she couldn't help it. She knew this was serious business but it was almost ridiculous. "Start with your weight on your back foot.  You should brush your foot lightly against the other heel as you step, so you can tell your feet are aligned." Evee tried to glide. "Hands loosely by your sides!" Sonja barked.

After walking five times around the room, Sonja sighed. "We will practice this again tomorrow. The sitting you have covered but you still walk like a giant. Let's take a break. We shall continue in thirty."

Evee watched as the woman left the room, nodding at both Kate and her. The blonde immediately turned towards her future sister in law, pouting her lip. "Please help me."

Kate covered her mouth with her hand in laughter. "I cannot believe you said 'Because then I get easier access to the canapes?' When she questioned why your drink had to be in your left hand. The woman nearly had a heart attack."

"I didn't know it was so my right was free to shake people's hands! Food is always my first option." The blonde tried not to laugh along.

"I should have filmed this, Harry would have a wonderful time watching this."

"Don't you dare! And who doesn't hold their glasses out for a refill?! How will I get a drink then?" The blonde questioned, sitting down next to Kate on the Victorian sofa.

"That's on your mind? How you'll get a drink?" The Duchess laughed once again.

"Well no, but I do get a dry throat very easily." Eveline mumbled, grabbing the glass of water off the table.