Chapter Fifty Nine

Through all the textmessages, Skypecalls and phonecalls, the day of New Year's Eve came quicker than Evee thought it would. Since she worked on Christmas Eve and Christmas, she didn't have to on New Year. To say it was a relieve that she heard one familiar knock on her door on December 31 was an understatement, a grin quickly placed itself on her features as she hurriedly ran towards the door. Opening with slight force, she could see one beaming ginger in her apartment hallway. "Hi James, Happy Christmas James, bye James!" She yelled, quickly wrapping her fingers around Harry's wrist, dragging him inside and closing the door a little too roughly.

His deep chuckle at her antics made her even more cheerful. Standing on her toes, she eagerly crashed her lips on his. It didn't take long for him to respond, his arm curving around her waist, begging her to come closer. "I've missed you so much." He mumbled against her lips.

Taking a step beg and ignoring her flushing cheeks, Evee replied. "I've missed you too. Christmas was the worst without you."

"I'm still sorry about that." He mumbled, placing a kiss on her forehead.

"Well, I survived and now I get to be around you for the next couple of days so it's okay."

"You won't get rid of me now." Harry grinned, taking off his winter coat and hanging it on a chair.

"Good." She replied, flashing her white teeth. Harry thought she looked adorable in a long sleeved, oversized white shirt and long knitted stockings. Now that he looked closer, he was sure it was his shirt.

"Are you wearing my shirt?" He raised his eyebrow at her as she walked towards the kitchen.

"I might have stolen one or two when you weren't paying attention yes." Evee grinned, grabbing two cups from one of the kitchenkabinets at the top for some coffee. She knew all too well that the shirt wasn't that long and it would rise a little, showing more skin than she intended too. Okay, maybe she did intended too.

She could feel him sneaking up on her, his hand already on her naked thighs. "I might have to report that, you know."

She managed to grab the cups and turn around. "Report that, you say? I don't think looking good in your shirts is a crime. Consider it your Christmas gift."

Harry grinned, burying his head in her neck. His hand still lifted the white shirt, it was firmly planted on one of her ass cheeks. Harry mumbled, his lips against her neck. "I thought we agreed on no Christmas gifts."

"It's the only one you're getting." She mumbled, goosebumps already forming on her skin. 

"I've got a bigger one for you." He spoke, gently pushing his loins against her tummy.

"A big one, you say?" She spoke, raising her eyebrow and holding back laughter.

"Don't you dare say otherwise, Evee." He warned, looking in her eyes.

"Wouldn't dare." She replied, shaking her head in all seriousness and widening her eyes. "It's huge."

Harry laughed, unexpectedly wrapping his arms around her waist and lifting her on the kitchen counter. "Keep on going."

"Gigantic." She whispered in his ear, holding back laughter.

"I like that one." He nodded his head, holding back a smile.

"Enormous." She could feel his lips against her cheekbone, slowly dipping down beneath her ear. Throwing back her head to give him more access, she wasn't sure if she could continue her little wordgame. Mumbling she did, "Colossal."

His fingers gently curved around each button on his own white shirt. He had managed to take it off of himself a hundred times before, but surely it was different when he opened these buttons on the woman he loved. One by one he popped them open, "No bra?" He whispered.

"I still need to get dressed for tonight." She whispered as his lips kissed her clavicle. "And Harry..."

"Yeah?" He looked up at her with his blue eyes.

She crooked her eyebrow at him, her own finger slowly travelling on his jawline. In a husky voice, she managed to speak, "... Mammoth."

He looked at her for a few seconds with a blank expression before she burst out laughing. "Okay that's it! Now you're just laughing at me, on to the bedroom!" He spoke with a warning tone, making her laugh even more.

"Harry! No!" She screeched when he grabbed her by the waist, lifting her on his shoulder.

Two hours later, they finally managed to resurface back to earth. "When do we have to be at your brother's?" Evee mumbled, her head planted in the nook of his shoulder.

"By nine, it's a late dinner."

The couple had decided a few weeks earlier that they wanted a quiet New Year's Eve. Kate had told Evee that William and her would stick in London with the kids for the countdown. Evee herself knew that most of her friends weren't in London anymore so she really was counting on what Harry would do. If she would've been alone, she knew she would have travelled to Belgium to celebrate New Year. Harry told her about his brother's plans as well as his niece's (Beatrice was going to the Isle of Wright for New Year's Eve and invited them as well).

"You sure you don't mind that it's a quiet New Year's Eve?" She looked up at him.

"Kate's family will be there as well, it won't be that quiet. And believe me, I don't mind. For once I'm glad it won't be loud and I can actually sleep in my own bed. I don't think that has happened before."

"Okay then." She nodded her head. It was actually a first for her as well. New Year's Eve usually meant tons of liquor, Camden Town and a huge hangover on New Year itself.

"I'm more worried about you, I'm the old one here."

"I'm fine with celebrating it a little low key this year." Evee smiled, looking up at him.

"We can still get hammered." He grinned, slowly sinking down in the bed so they were facing each other.

"So you can pass out on me again?" She grinned, scanning every feature of his face. They were so close.

"I promise I won't." His kind blue eyes stared straight into her green ones.

"We can watch the fireworks together. Can you see them well from Kensington?"

"You can actually." The fingers of his right hand slowly curved from the side of her right breast to the bend of her stomach.

"It's been a while since I've seen Kate, it'll be nice." She mumbled, trying to ignore his touch. She could feel it straight in the core of her body.

He nodded his head, "Since the babysitting, right?"

"That's almost a month ago."

"So, what holds 2017 for Eveline Delamane?" Harry questioned, wrapping his arm around her back once again.

"I don't know, a lot of good memories I hope." She smiled, feeling his body against her.

"We'll be making good ones, I'm sure."

"Yeah?" She grinned, looking up at him.

"Yeah." He smiled contently.

Yes definitely.