Chapter Eighty Two

It was a nice sunny day on Saturday August 5th 2017 at the Wembley Stadium. Evee had been here before once. It had been almost two years ago when Chloe nagged her into coming to an Ed Sheeran concert. She was nowhere near the seats she had right now though. The big card that hung around her neck held a simple picture of her, her seating place and her full name (Eveline Paula Leonie Delamane). She thought that putting both her middle names on there was a little overboard but at least she didn't have Duchess Of in bold letters like Kate had.

Yet.

She knew it would be a long day, there were so many performers and the crowd was huge. Harry had told her that there would be cameras zooming in on the box they were sitting at. Everything she did was recorded now. She had to remember that.

Kate, George, Charlotte and her had arrived at the scene 30 minutes ago. Harry and William had been here all day, trying to make sure everything went to plan. When they arrived they were immediately escorted on an expensive looking golf car towards the backstage area.

"Have you heard from Harry yet?" Kate questioned, looking at Evee trying to hold on to her hat with her right hand, scared that the wind would blow it away. Charlotte was sitting on Kate's lap, looking around with wonder. George sat next to Evee, holding his hand firmly in hers.

"Not really, he texted me that everything's going to plan and he knows I would arrive around six." The blonde spoke, trying to ignore people staring at them both backstage. 

Kate nodded her head, "It's a shame the concert couldn't be held on her birthday, isn't it?"

Evee nodded her head. She knew Harry was quite disappointed with the date, he anticipated on doing the concert again on July 1st, his mother's birthday but there was already an important soccer match at Wembley's that day. Instead July 1st was celebrated with a nice, quiet dinner at William's and Kate's. "At least they were together." The blonde answered, implying the two brothers.

"Are you excited, George?" Evee smiled, looking down at the boy. He was wearing beige shorts, some knee socks and a white t-shirt.  "There's going to be a lot of singers."

He nodded his head eagerly, "And fireworks."

"Yes and fireworks!" Evee grinned, turning her head towards Kate. "There's earmuffs for them, right?"

"Yes, William took care of it. I hope the kids will last through the concert. Maria's here just in case." Kate replied, mentioning the nanny. "She'll take them home if it's too much."

"They'll be fine." The blonde replied, noticing how the golf cart stopped. She could see people running around with microphones and guitars. She finally spotted James in the middle of it all. She knew Harry couldn't be far. Evee noticed how the environment changed when Kate, the kids and her stepped out of the cart. The bodyguards immediately scanned the area with their eyes, even though they were backstage.

"I'm off to search for William. Are you coming with us or going to Harry?" Kate questioned, placing Charlotte on her two feet.

"I'm going to look for that fiancé of mine. Do you need help with the kids though? I can walk along with you to Will first." Evee suggested. She didn't want Kate to struggle on her own.

"Maria will help, I'll be fine. I'll text you later, keep your phone close."

The nurse nodded her head and watched how George immediately took Maria's hand. "Okay I'll see you later." She watched how Kate gave her a brief smile and turned around. Evee immediately turned towards James, "How is he holding up?"

"A little nervous for his speech." James immediately answered, strolling down the hallway towards the room his employer was in. Bob was walking behind them.