Chapter Sixteen

Harry and Eveline sat on her brown sofa, a laptop firmly planted on his lap. "Let's see" Harry opened up Firefox and went to google.

"Is it bad that I'm excited?" Evee grinned, holding on to her glass of white wine. She tried to forget to fact that they were sitting so close together. Her legs touching his, she could literally feel the warmth of his body and smell his cologne.

"I am not showing you my nudes by the way." He teased, looking at her sideways.

"Whatever, I'll search them up myself. Is it full package style, by the way?" The nurse wiggled her eyebrows at the prince.

He laughed, "No you can only see my hairy ass."

"'Harry's hairy ass'. It's a good title for a porno."

He rolled his eyes at the nurse, she always had the right words to say. "Anyways, let's get to it." He quickly typed 'Prince Harry' in the google search balk and waited.

Eveline immediately laughed at one of the pictures showing up, him holding a phone with a ridiculous facial expression. "That's a good one. One day, I might hang it on my bedroom wall."

"I'll give it to you for Christmas, framed and all."

"You better. Oh my god, click on the Prince Harry Sixpack bundle please!" Eveline spoke with excitement, her eyes widen.

"No! That's embarrassing! We're not doing that. Moving on."

"You were born in 1984?! You old man!" Eveline giggled, that meant he was already turning 32. She honestly expected him to be a couple of years younger.

"You didn't know how old I was? Do you think that's old?" He looked at her with hesitation. He at least thought she had some idea of his age.

"How the hell would I know your age? I told you I didn't google you. You think I know every prince's age? 32 is okay, Harry." She rolled her eyes at him. "You're six year older than I am, not twenty."

Harry nodded his head at her, he was getting scared of how little she knew about him. She meant it when she said that she hadn't searched him on the internet. If she were to know all that shit that he'd done in the past, would she run away? He could imagine her not being virgin Mary either. Eveline noticed him clicking on the topic 'girlfriends'.

The nurse raised her eyes at how much the Daily Mail speculated about his love life. "As you can see, apparently I am absolutely in love with a model whom I briefly met at a Polo charity and now I am looking for engagement rings."

Eveline took a good gulp of her wine. What the hell was wrong with these people? "Have you dated every model in Britain and America?" She at the endless list of names. All of them blonde, tall and skinny.

"That's the press, Evee. Sure I meet a lot of people, some of them models yes. They will always find a way to make things worse. They will write lies, they will get into your head. That's what they do, they live off of me. Pretty much parasites."  He explained, looking closely at her expression. He thought she was doing okay as they shared a brief moment of silence.

Harry moved on, typing in a girl her name. 'Chelsy Davy girlfriend prince harry paparazzi'. Immediately there were tons of pictures of a pretty blonde. Her having dinner with friends, her shopping, them watching a football match, her trying to cover up her agitated face, her sitting in a car- again hiding her face, her obviously enjoying a private vacation- yet there were pictures of the girl in bikini. "I am not showing this to you to scare you off."

"That's insane" Evee mumbled, finally comprehending how big this guy, sitting on her brown sofa, was.

"They ruin a lot of lives Eveline. I don't want them to ruin yours. Not because of me."

Eveline nodded her head, still staring at one particular picture of the girl, who obviously had a hard time just walking to work.

"Your life would change, if they were to ever find out that we would even be a little more than just friends. Shit, they would have a field day if they knew that this was our second date. You would not be able to get to work normally in the morning, just because I am sitting on your couch."

Eveline swallowed the lump in her throat. "But they won't know that, right? They wouldn't find out."

"In the beginning no, but if we were to have a serious relationship, they would find out. Maybe not after a month, maybe not two but someday. We'd be spotted, pictures would be everywhere."

"But right now, we're safe, right?" She looked for some back up in his face, just a little motivation. Something positive.

"We're safe right now. But there's always a chance that someone takes a picture if we're in public." Harry explained, placing the laptop on the coffee table and turning his body towards hers.

"Can't we just stay here forever then?" Eveline scrunched her nose. "Just you and me."

"You don't know how much I would like that." His blue eyes gazed into hers, holding her attention.

"I'm a big girl Harry. I think I can handle it." Evee spoke calmly, placing her wine glass on the table. "Thank you though, for showing me this. It means a lot, you wanting to protect me."

Harry nodded his head, they were so close. His mind kept screaming, kiss her. Do it already! Subconsciously, his eyes adverted to her lips, watching how her tongue wet them. Her head was coming closer to his, he could smell her perfume. Years had passed since he yearned for the touch of someone's lips so fervently. Could he cross the line and do it? Part of him was terrified, this kiss would open up so many doors. He had kissed other girls, of course, but this one, it felt different.

Harry's head screamed at him to take the chance or lose it forever.

He could feel his hand moving towards her cheek, caressing it softly but still adding enough pressure to push her closer to his lips. He watched as her eyes adverted from his own towards his lips and it was then, that he knew she wanted to be kissed.

Eveline's mind was screeching various kind of prayers in four different languages. She could feel his breath on her lips. He wanted to kiss her, his hand wrapped softly around her neck, tickling every nerve she had in her body just by a light touch. She was officially losing her mind. The previous shown pictures were in the back of her head.

She decided to take the first step, her lips curved softly around his, softly asking Harry wordlessly to touch them. Wrapping his arm around her middle, he didn't waste any time and pulled her frame closer to him, putting more pressure on their exploring lips. He was just about to deepen the kiss when the sound of a phone call interrupted them. "Leave it." He mumbled against her lips. He couldn't get enough of her. She tasted just as good as she smelled, honey and flowers with a hint of spice left from their meal.

She sighed, "It's work. I know the ringtone. I have to get it." She quickly pecked his lips and stood up, leaving Harry on the couch, his head leaning against it with eyes closed.

"Hello?

"Evee, it's Maja. She's not good. If you still want to see her, it's best if you come now. I asked her parents for permission to call you." She heard Chloe's rushed voice.

And it was in that moment, Eveline met an old friend named reality.