Chapter 3

"Why don't you just go in there?" Elissa said from beside me. I'd just moved out of the way so that Toni could take her turn watching them strum random chords. I looked at Elissa like she was mad. Why would she even voice such a thing aloud? The moment they stopped playing I was out of here and rushing somewhere else. There was no way I would want them to think I was some crazy stalker chick. Though I suppose in a way I was.

It was just then that the strumming stopped. Toni moved away from the keyhole before looking at me, fear plain on her face. We both spun on our heels at the same time and made for the stairs but Elissa grabbed our shoulders.

"Oh no you don't" she whispered and turned around, pulling us with her. I nearly got strangled in the process because of how tight her hold was on my top.

"Sorry" she whispered before knocking on the door.

"Elissa" Toni and I hissed in hushed tones. She turned and grinned at us over her shoulder.

"Yeah?" a voice called and I recognised it at Josh's.

Elissa pushed open the door before grabbing our arms and hauling us in with her.

"We got bored" she announced as she closed the door behind us. The boys nodded and Max grinned before gesturing for us to come in.

"Don't look so frightened, we don't bite" Max taunted and I grinned at him before checking out the studio now that I was inside.

Looking through a keyhole didn't allow me to see how awesome it was. The place where we were standing right now was about the size of my bedroom, and my bedroom was about the size of three box rooms, since the house is real big.

I walked over to the far wall, opposite the recording equipment, since that was where I was drawn to straight away because there were guitars in brackets, hanging on the walls. They were grouped together. On the far left of the wall hung four columns of acoustic guitars, ranging in size and colour. In the middle were three columns of electro-acoustic guitars also ranging in colour, though a lot of these had the colour black in them for some reason. On the far right hung four columns of electric guitars and I saw that three of the brackets were empty. Then it clicked that these were the guitars they practiced with. The different colours of the guitars mixed together so that it looked like a massive paint explosion had erupted on the wall.

Slightly in front of the wall was a drum kit, where Dan had been sitting as we came in. He was now sitting on a spare chair where the boys were clustered around in a circle. They had been strumming out tunes as well as having a laugh. It was obvious that they were comfortable with each other.

"Do you like guitars then?" a voice said from behind me since I hadn't really moved from the wall and had found it hard taking my eyes away from them. Now I did though to see who had spoken.

I turned and saw the bleached blonde hair belonging to Dan. He smiled at me as I turned and I returned his smile.

"Is it that obvious?" I replied and he laughed before walking back over to where he had sat just moments before. Wow he was really quiet when he walked over.

I saw that Elissa and Toni had taken a seat on the window ledge, so I hurried over and joined them. Elissa smiled at me.

"You like the wall then?" she asked and I scoffed.

 "Of course it's awesome!" I replied in a hushed tone, not wanting to disturb the boys, before sitting down next to her on the window seat. I brought my legs up in front of me and moved so that my back was against the wall, and I was leaning against the window, since this let me watch the world go by, as well as listening to one of my two favourite bands. A vibration in my front pocket and I pulled my phone out to see that I had a notification from Twitter.