Chapter 7

Hi Wattpadians!!

VOTE!!

FAN!!

LIKE!!

COMMENT!!! 

AND ENJOY!!!

*********************************

Chapter 8

It’s six o’clock and I am ready for the day, considering that I have three hours to spare I set about preparing breakfast.

“Good morning, honey. You’re up early, is that breakfast I smell?”

I turn to see mom sluggishly making her way to the coffee machine.

“Yip, Tau was restless this morning and seeing that I’m already up I thought I’d be productive,” shooting Tau a smile before turning to the mixing bowl.

“So what’s on the menu?”

“I was thinking crumpets, bacon and eggs.”

“That sounds delicious, darling. I’m going to jump in the shower before joining you.”

“Alright, I’ll just be here slaving away if you’re looking for me,” I sigh melodramatically.

Mom laughs, “Why don’t you invite Nic over for breakfast? You told me you two were going to go shopping this morning. I’m sure he wouldn’t mind keeping you company.” She suggests before heading up the stairs.

“Hmm, that doesn’t sound like such a bad idea,” I whisper to myself.

Wiping my hands, I reach for my phone.

Morning!

I know we’re meant to meet @ 9, but I’m making breakfast.

You’re welcome to join us, if you want.

Let me know.

Sylvie  :)

Slipping my phone into my pocket I carry on with the preparations. A few minutes later my phone gives a chirp.

Hi,

Yeah, that’ll be great.

On my way.

N.

I hear the front door open as I sing to Diana Vickers, The Boy Who Murdered Love.

“In the kitchen,” I call out, moving back to the stove swinging my hips to the beat.

Tau stops his playing between my legs and sprints off in Nic’s direction. Nic bends down as Tau approaches him.

“Hey little guy, you got a name?” he asks as he scratches Tau behind one of his ears.

I couldn’t help giggle at the picture those two made.

It was adorable. Nic’s hulking form bent as he gently petted my small ferret.

“His name is Tau, it means lion. He likes to think he’s ferocious,” I quipped as I scooped up the eggs.  

Nic gave a deep chuckle, “I’m sure you are bud, you’ve got to protect your mama.” His eyes held mine. My fingers itched to tuck away the bags covering most of his face.