Chapter Fifty Eight

"That's my girl!" Fred laughed after Eleanor read the letter from her father explaining the results of the first task. The Weasley family had gathered at the Burrow to hear how the girls had done during the first task, and needless to say, they were all extremely proud and excited. Especially Fred and Anora.

"They used nifflers, Charlie!" Anora said shaking her husband's arm. "I'm so proud of them! They used the nifflers!"

Charlie couldn't help but laugh at the woman's reaction as she and Fred danced around the living room.

"And they won?" Molly asked, holding her hands together to her chin, with a hopeful face. "Is that what you're saying?"

Eleanor glanced down at the letter again. "Yes, they won, by a long shot. Hogwarts collected fifteen gold pieces, Ilvermorny collected seven and Durmstrang....they collected two. The rest of the pieces were leprechaun gold to throw them off."

Fred leaned against part of the wall and gave Eleanor a knowing look, while George mirrored his brother's actions and did the same. The two folded their arms across their chests at the same time, waiting for Eleanor to speak.

The woman let out a small huff before resting her head back against the wall.

"Now, it wasn't such a bad idea to teach Hope about counterfeit money, was it, love?" Fred asked her.

"Seems as though it came in handy, didn't it?" George questioned.

"Alright, alright," Eleanor threw her hands up in defeat. "You two were right about teaching her how to spot a fake coin. By the odd forces of nature, somehow it came of use outside of the shop."

"Is that her way of admitting we were right?" George looked to Fred.

Fred nodded. "That's as good as it's going to get." he smiled before drawing Eleanor into his side by wrapping his arm around her shoulders. "She should be very proud though, her daughter and her nieces, just dominated the first task."

Eleanor smiled. "Let's just hope they continue to do so. Right?"

The celebration back in the Gryffindor Common Room was roaring loud, and full of happy cheering and dancing about. Hogwarts had successfully won the first task, placing them in the lead of the Triwizard Tournament. Respectively, all four houses were celebrating in their common rooms but the Gryffindors were just a wee bit louder than the rest. 

While Hope gave the credit to their cousins for the use of the nifflers and being able to grab the creatures right at the start of the first task, Stella and Eliza had no problem with giving the win in Hope's name for being able to detect the counterfeit coins. Giving Gryffindor an extra sense of pride in their housemate. 

Butterbeer was being passed around, mixed with dancing and the cheering, while Hope sat on the sofa with a bright smile on her face. People continuously walked over and clapped her on the back or shoulder, congratulating her and her team on the win. 

However, Hope was not in full celebration mode, after all, it was one win and there was two to go, which could change the outcome of the tournament completely. As much as she wanted to dance around in celebration, she didn't want to get too cocky, the other competitors were now fully aware that Hogwarts wasn't the team to underestimate. Hope's trick in the beginning to make their team look completely daft had worked in the beginning, but she was fully aware that the competition was going to get harder and harder.

As Uncle Harry, Uncle Queenie and Aunt Fleur had told her many times before when the tournament came into discussion, the tasks only became harder.

At the end of the First Task, each competitor was told to keep one of the gold pieces, which contained the clue to the Second Task, but as Hope looked it over and over, she couldn't see anything different about it.

"Are you going to just sit here and stare at the coin all night, or are you going to celebrate?"

Hope looked up to see Henry standing before her, bringing a smile to her face. He plopped down beside her on the sofa and took the coin from her hand.

"You can work on solving it tomorrow, Hope. You should be celebrating with the rest of us, especially since you are the champion of the house."

"I know, I know, I'm just trying to figure something out with the coin, it looks so normal, it's not counterfeit, so I'm not sure what clue it holds." She told him.

'You, Stella and Eliza can figure it out starting tomorrow, for now...you owe me something." He held out his hand to her.

"Oh really? And what do I owe you, Mr. Black?" She asked with a raised brow.

" A dance." He smirked at her. 

She laughed before placing her hands in his. "That was incredibly smooth, I'll admit."

"I have my moments," Henry said standing up and pulling her up to her feet.

By that time of the evening, while the music was fast pace and everyone else was hopping around, the events of the day had finally taken it's toll on Hope. Instead of dancing around with Henry, the girl leaned against him, her arms wrapped around his neck loosely, as she just rested against him.

Henry only smiled to himself as he continued to hold her, so that she could fully rest. He could hear a yawn escape through her lips, before her head nestled into the crook of his neck.

"Hope, if you're tired, you can go to bed, you know?" He offered, whispering into her ear.

"No, that's okay, I'm not tired." She lied. "I just...I just want to stay here for a few minutes, okay?"

"That's more than okay with me, Ope."

"Thank you, Ry."

Fergus came over dawning a hat that certainly did not belong to him, but he wasn't about to question where it was from, he had been so hyped up from the sugar in the butterbeer, that h was sure he had done other things, he didn't quite expect. He came over to where Hope and Henry were sitting on the sofa, only to find Hope sound asleep.

"She's asleep already? This is her celebration party!" Fergus said but Henry motioned him to keep it down.

"Leave her be, Fergie, it's been a long day. She deserves to rest."

"Yes, but the earlier she goes to bed, the earlier she wakes up!"