Chapter Fifty Four

With the selection of the three teams from the three schools, the excitement was buzzing about all around the castle. But Hope wasn't all that excited as she thought she would be like in the beginning of the year when the tournament was first announced. The fact was she knew that her grandfather was plenty upset with her and it seemed the majority of the adults in the Weasley girls' lives had plenty to say about them entering the tournament. Molly had given Eliza and Stella plenty to hear in their Howler, but Hope's mother didn't need to yell to make Hope feel terrible. Like her grandfather, it was just the way that they expressed disappointment that made Hope feel terrible about the whole ordeal.

Although, it was conflicting to say the least since her father and Uncle George were cheering her on, more than anyone. Elliot wouldn't talk to Eliza no matter how much she apologized and the whole group appeared to be on edge, the tournament was losing all sense of fun nature to it.

Sitting in the corridor waiting for Henry to come out of the classroom after Transfiguration, Hope sat in the window seat as Henry spoke with his mother.  She patted her hands on her legs, when someone sat beside her to keep her company.

"Little Lupin Weasley Spawn."

"Hey Sirius.' Hope greeted him quietly.

Sirius opened his mouth, fully prepared for one of his silly nicknames that she used with him on a constant basis. However, as she addressed him by his first name, he couldn't help but gasp before lifting his hand and checking the child's forehead.

"Who are you and what have you done with my Little Lupin Weasley Spawn?!" He asked narrowing his eyes at her. 

She giggled and shook her head. "Sorry, Paddington, is that better?"

"A little. What's going on with you? Shouldn't you and Henry be causing hell in the corridors right now? Turning students into birds with beards, making pigs fly, running about with Peeves?"

"I think it's best if I stay out of trouble right now, Paddywhack. After all, I think Grandpa Rem Rem is angry enough with me, don't you think?"

Sirius smiled before ruffling her hair. "Don't you worry about him, he'll come around here soon. I think he's more nervous than anything and this is just how he handles things like this. Have you tried talking to him recently?"

Hope gave him a look. "Of course I have, but I don't think he's really up for listening. Between him and Mum,  I'm pretty close to just lying in the middle of the corridor and wallowing in self-pity."

"Sounds like my typical Tuesday as well." Sirius rubbed his chin. "Well, you know the truth, Little Lupin Weasley Spawn and if you're okay with competing, your family will come around."

"And if they don't?" Hope questioned.

"Do you remember who makes up your family? There is no if or don't."

She smiled at him. "I guess you're right."

"You guess? I just gave you sound advice and that's what I get? I guess you're right?!"

Hope's eyes widened and she jumped up before running away to avoid being kicked by Sirius.

"Thanks Paddles!"

"That's Professor Paddles!"

"Are you nervous?" Henry asked Hope as they gathered in the Great Hall the morning of the Wand Weighing Ceremony. Hope picked at her piece of toast before setting it aside.

"Yeah, I'm alright." She answered him. "Just a little distracted at this point. I haven't had a real conversation with Grandpa Remmy in what feels like forever. Every time I try to approach him, he just talks to me like every other student. I know he's upset, but I wish I could talk to him before this whole thing starts, you know?"

"Yeah, I know you've been wanting to talk to him." Henry nodded with a smile of his own. "So I might have made an arrangement for you."

"Huh? What are you talking about, Guppy Puppy?" She looked up at him and raised a brow. Henry nodded his head to the right. Hope followed his movements and saw Nixie dragging Remus by his robes over in their direction of the Gryffindor Table.

Remus was sat down with an embarrassed look on his face, while Nixie motioned for her son to follow him and leave the two alone. Henry reached his hand across the table and patted her hand before leaving her along with her grandfather.

"Hope." Remus cleared his throat.

"Professor Lupin." 

Remus looked across the way at his granddaughter, who had her lips pressed together and her arms folded over her chest as she looked at him.

He let out a heavy sigh before leaning against the table. "I'm sorry, Hope, I know you're upset with me and I know I haven't been very fair about this whole situation. But you do know that I'm not fond of the idea of you joining this tournament. I don't think any of you girls should be in. It's dangerous-"

"I know it is, Grandpa Rem Rem, but I didn't put my name in and you were treating me like I did."

"You're right and I was wrong for that. I know that it was Eliza. I guess I was more than surprised that you and Henry didn't end up in it together."

"Well, that was the initial plan, but when you all made a big deal about it, we decided against it. I don't think Eliza got the memo or didn't care about it. But you know what, I can't blame her."

"Is that so?"

"I've heard all the amazing stories from the time you went to school, when Mum and Dad were in school  and all the time in between. You all did so many fantastic things and I know that you all care about us, but I think you guys need to let us make our insane memories so we can talk about it every Christmas or family gathering. Besides you ought to have a bit more faith in us, after all, Hogwarts has the finest Weasley products representing them-"

"I really wish you wouldn't refer to yourself  as a product." Remus shook his head at Fred's poor choice of words. "It's almost as bad as Sirius calling you spawn. Actually, they're both equally as bad."

Hope shrugged. "I like both of them."

Remus laughed. "Of course you do. Of course you do." He held his hand out for her to give him a high five. "Are you ready for the tournament?"

"You bet!" Hope said before clapping her hand against his. "AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

"Was that your battle cry or celebration cry?" Remus asked with a chuckle.

Hope turned to him as she stood on the bench.

"Both!"