Chapter One

Henry Black waited by the edge of the sea water, one evening as the full moon reflected upon the water, lighting up the area. He had his knees drawn to his chest as his bare feet rested in the water, causing his toes to tingle as his body craved to jump into the water in that moment. However, he continued to wait patiently for his best friend to arrive. Hope was due any minute as she was going to spend the rest of the weekend at the Black Household before the first day of school was to begin.

His grandmother had been around earlier, but she figured the two young teens would want some time alone to spend the last few days of summer together. He splashed his feet about a bit as time continued on and Hope still hadn't arrived.

"Where in the world-"

The boy turned his head to look back at the house only to find Hope directly behind him.

"Boo!"

He screeched and scooted back falling right into the water. Hope laughed heartily as she gripped her sides, while Henry sat in the water looking terribly irritated.

"What did you go and do that for?!" he called to her.

"That's payback for the lovely dungbomb that when off when I opened my dresser drawer this morning!"

Henry grinned. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"I'm sure you don't." The thirteen year old girl said plopping down onto the ground before pulling off her shoes. "I'm surprised you weren't in the water already."

"Well, I was waiting for you, I didn't know you were going to take forever!" 

"Excuse me, but it wasn't my fault. Mum and Dad were getting ready to go spend the evening with Grandpa Remmy, but then Grandma Weasley came over to talk with Mum about changes to the knitted line, and you know they can go on for hours and hours about knitting."

"So can you." Henry teased her.

"Uh no, I crochet." Hope told him before sticking her tongue out at him.

"Same difference," he replied. "Anyways now that you're here..are you going to go swimming with me?"

"Well, maybe not full on swimming, but I'll walk along looking for some shells or something."

"Boo, that's no fun."

"Yeah, yeah, you're the mermaid here, go on and swim."

"It's merMAN!" Henry corrected her for the millionth time.

"Merboy." she grinned.

Henry made a face before disappearing below the waves, illuminated by the full moon.

Hope walked along through the water searching for any shells or pretty rocks that caught her eye. A couple of times she would peer up in search of her friend but as she looked at the water, it remained flat and calm.

"Where did you go, you little bugger?" she whispered to herself.

Henry poked his head out of the water quietly and observed Hope who was picking up a rock and looking it over.

A mischievous smirk appeared on his lips as he neared her like a shark closing in on his prey.

He was just close enough before splashing her with a wave of water, soaking her from head to toe.

The girl stood drenched before she turned to face him as he laughed loudly from the water.

"You are so dead, Guppy Puppy."