Chapter Seventy One

Henry had gone for the ultimate smooth move of pulling Hope right in for a kiss, but unfortunately, Henry did not possess all the smooth moves that his father did in his youth. He did possess the awkwardness that came with both of his parents, as he proceeded to headbutt Hope as he brought her into him.

"Ow!" The two of them cried out as their foreheads crashed together. Henry wanted to die in that exact moment. The forces of the world were working against him, preventing him from sharing the kiss with Hope. He was going to dig his grave right next to the Black lake and remain there for all eternity.

Here lies Henry Elvendork Black

Died of Embarassment

Failed to achieve first kiss

He could see his gravestone in that very moment as Hope laughed loudly while rubbing her forehead. 

"I'm sorry." He said quickly pushing his hair out of his face as he sat up. Hope sat beside him with familiar grin on her face. "I just..."

He let out the heaviest sigh and shook his head.

"Try again." Hope told him.

"What?" Henry glanced over to see that she was scooting closer and closer to him. His breath hitched in his throat but he remained still.

"I said try again, but this time, just go a little slower. I don't think I can afford another head slam like that."

His cheeks burned violently on his face, but he gave a slight nod before lifting his hands up and cupping the sides of her face once more. His hands were freezing compared to her warm face, and he realized that Hope was completely toasty while wearing the dress her mother knitted for her. She didn't seem bothered at all by his cold hands, and her warm smile, brought a smile back to his face as well. 

Hope could sense his hesitation, despite the smile on his face as she nudged her head towards him, encouragingly.

"Do you want me to-"

Before she could finish her sentence, Henry caught her lips with his. A joyous moment for the both of them, but an even more successful moment for Henry. He pushed Hope's hair back that began to tickle his face, but kept the girl close to him. All the days of jealousy, patience, and even the embarrassing moments leading up to the kiss were completely worth it. He didn't care who saw or arrived on scene.

Henry Elvendork Black had just shared his first real kiss with Hope Margaret Weasley and everything about it was perfect to him. 

Remus looked to the left and then looked to the right. He stood on the tips of his toes to get a clear scan of the Hall, but when his eyes didn't spot the person he was looking for along with the other person he was searching for. Now that he was observing, none of the people he was searching for appeared to be in the Great Hall. The man immediately turned to his wife.

"Where is Hope and Henry? And where is Teddy and Stella?"

As soon as Tonks shrugged, his face paled bringing the woman to laugh.

"Oh relax, Remus, will you? It's a joyous night, it's Christmas. Let them all have a bit of fun."

"A bit of fun?" He repeated.

"Get your mind out of the gutter, you know none of them are like that.  Well, I guess it depends on how much Henry takes after his father."

"You're not helping." Remus said holding his head. "We are supposed to keep the students in here during the Ball..."

"And you're suddenly all about the rules?" Tonks questioned. "Since when?"

Remus opened his mouth to argue, but couldn't bring himself to do so. Instead, he sighed in defeat and walked away to get himself a drink.

Nixie and Sirius stood beside each other, leaning against one of the walls. Nixie wore a knowing smile before she held her hand out to Sirius.

"I don't think this counts." Sirius grumbled digging into his pocket.

"We made a bet when, not where." Nixie laughed. "And you lost, Mr. Black."

"I may have lost the bet, but I still consider myself the winner here."

"That made absolutely no sense." Nixie said looking at him. Sirius turned to her.

"Oh but it does, my dear Nini, and do you know why?"

"No, but I'm sure you're going to tell me anyways."

"I win, because I have the most beautiful wife and an incredible son. So, I think that makes me the winner in here, despite losing the bet."

Nixie looked away with a slight eye roll, trying to hide the fact that she was blushing like a mad woman. Suddenly, she felt Sirius' hand touch under her chin.

"Nini...look at me..."

She peered up at him, only to be brought into the familiar kiss that she had come to cherish over the years of being with him. 

"You still owe me." She muttered against his lips. 'Don't think this kiss changes that.."

"Dammit!"

Hope curled into Henry as she sat in between his legs, and leaned her head against his shoulder. The boy had his arms wrapped around her, holding her against him, with the happiest look on his face. 

"Best Christmas gift ever." he said to her. 

Hope glanced up at him. "I was just thinking the same thing."

"Do you want to head back inside and enjoy the rest of the Yule Ball?"

"Do you?"

The two just stared at each other for a moment, apparently waiting for the other to respond first.

"I'm actually pretty content right here." Hope admitted. "Maybe we can go back a little later?"

"That sounds like an excellent plan. Do you think anyone notices we're gone?" He asked.

"Oh I'm sure they've noticed. " Hope answered. "They probably just don't know where we went and are scrambling about inside the castle."

"And you're okay with that?"

"Of course."

"Good. So am I."