Chapter Thirty Two

"I give up." Henry pouted as he sat in the compartment. 

He didn't even wait for Hope to meet up with the rest of the group as he boarded the train without the others. He soon found Alyssa and Tori in another compartment, arguing about something until they saw his face. They invited him to sit and he unloaded every single emotion he was feeling onto them. Especially his hate for McGregor.

"I lost to McGregor, and that's that. I hate him." He growled.

"Hey, it's not Benji's fault." Tori said defensively. "He didn't know that you liked Hope too. "

"Oh shut up, Tori." Alyssa rolled her eyes. "You've been cursing his name all summer for kissing Hope."

Tori crossed her arms. "I just don't know what he sees in Hope-"

"Hey!" It was Henry's turn to become defensive over his friend.

"I didn't mean it like that," Tori sighed. "I just, I want to know what she has that I don't."

"A personality." Alyssa muttered under her breath.

"I heard that!" Tori snapped in her direction.

"Good." Alyssa responded. "Now that that's out there, we can move on. Look, you two missed out on this opportunity but it doesn't mean you can't make an opportunity happen for yourselves."

"What are you talking about?" Henry asked.

"Honestly, you two can't be this slow, can you?" Alyssa said. "Look, so Hope and Benji are dating right, okay fine. It's dating, it's not like they're locked into an engagement or marriage. If you two make yourselves look more desirable then that leaves them wanting what they can't have if they are with each other."

"Are you honestly talking about making them jealous?" Henry asked Alyssa while shaking his head in disapproval.

"That's exactly what I'm talking about. " Alyssa told them. "You guys can make this work in your favor if you go about it the right way."

"That won't work." Henry immediately stated. "Hope isn't the jealous type. She's too free-spirited and care free. If I tried to make her jealous, she would probably just congratulate me on finding someone or something."

"Everyone has a streak of jealousy through them." Alyssa argued. "You just have to find what makes a person tick. I'm pretty sure if you two acted it out, it could very well happen and-"

"No." Henry replied sternly. "I'm not doing anything like that."

"You already blew your chances by not being honest with her, what's the worse that could happen?" Alyssa sat back in her seat and looked at him. "Please, enlighten me."

"How do we even go about making them jealous?" Tori asked causing Henry's jaw to drop.

"Are you actually considering this?!"

Tori shrugged her shoulders. "She's right, we don't have much else to lose in this scenario."

"It's as simple as you two finding others to snog around here in front of them." Alyssa shrugged. "Not that complicated."

"What?!" Tori and Henry screeched together. "No!"

"That's how it works in all the muggle movies Dad had us watch over the summer." she said. "And it worked each and every time."

"This isn't a muggle movie, Aly." Tori said.

"No, it's not, but I don't see either one of you coming up with any better ideas. So you can either take it or leave it."

"I..I can't kiss Tori, I'm sorry." Henry said looking down at his feet.

"Why not? Are you calling my sister ugly?"

"What? No! That's not it at all. I just...it wouldn't feel right. Not to mention between us three in here, I haven't kissed a girl besides Hope and that was back when we were like five. She also kissed me, so-"

"Awwww!" The two girls said causing him to become red.

"See now you have to kiss someone and win Hope back! Let her see what she's missing out on." Alyssa encouraged him. "And once Henry gets Hope, Benji will be free, just in time for Tori to swoop in. Done. You are both very welcome."

"I can't do it." 

"Henry I'm about to punch you." Alyssa growled. "Why are you making this complicated?"

"I'm sorry, I can't help it, but I can't just approach another girl and kiss her. It doesn't sound right in my head."

"Fine!"

Hope stood up from the compartment seat where she sat with Teddy, Stella, Elliot and Eliza before walking over to the door.

"Where are you going?" Stella asked.

"To go find Henry." Hope said. "He's been missing for awhile, and I just want to make sure he's okay."

"Let him approach you-" Stella went to say but Hope turned to the group with an irritated look.

"Oh my...there's the badger." Teddy said looking down.

"I am done with listening to everyone's advice, that is in this compartment!" She snapped. "I haven't spoken to my best friend all summer because all of you are terrible at giving advice. Nothing of what any of you have said has solved any problems. So instead of listening to any of you, I'm going to go find Henry and talk to him myself! Do you any of you have a problem with that? No? Good!" She threw open the compartment door harshly and then slammed it closed before leaving.

"She told you, Stella." Teddy mused.

"Shut up, Teddy."

Hope looked through the windows of several compartments in search of Henry, fully ready with her apology in her head. She was ready to just tell him that she was sorry for ignoring him all summer and that she would never listen to her older cousins again. 

She hadn't come upon him yet, when she peeked into one compartment and saw Tori. But as she scanned the rest of the compartment, she saw Henry in a lip-locked moment with Alyssa.

"Merlin's fuzzy knut!" She squeaked before covering her eyes. "I'm so confused!"