Chapter Forty Three

Hope sat in between Fergus and Henry as the students gathered in the Great Hall to hear what the Ministry had to say about the upcoming tournament and the changes that were made. The Minister of Magic, Kingsley Shacklebolt stood next to McGonagall and shared a few words with the familiar faces of the Order they had all once served in together.

"Kingsley Shacklebolt," Hope smiled. "I heard he wrestles dementors in his spare time." She said in amusement to Henry.

"I heard he's what boggarts fear the most."

"His corporeal patronus is himself."

The two giggled among each other as Fergus shook his head.

"You two are so weird." he told them.

"Oh lighten up, Fergie." Henry said. "We're only having a bit of fun."

'Sure, have all the fun you can, because if you two actually end up being in the tournament, I assure you, it isn't going to be fun at all. It's going to be stressful and terrible!"

"Is that what school is all about?" Hope said in a teasing tone.

While the two smiled at him, Fergus didn't seem amused at all. "Please don't join this, if there is a way you two can, please for the sake of my fragile little quidditch heart, don't join it." he begged them.

"Relax, Fergus, you heard what they said,  they've made all sorts of adjustments to the tournaments. There's teams now, and they aren't life threatening, it's all about strategy. Besides, we wouldn't be able to join unless we had an older student and we have Eliza. Out of every one of us, she's the most level headed, and she was willing to join. That's saying something." Hope told him.

"Yes, it's saying she's losing her touch." Fergus shook his head. "This all seems like a terrible idea. Your parents are going to go absolutely mental if you're selected."

'Probably just our mums." Henry said with a slight shrug.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure Dad and Uncle George would help me get my name into the goblet if I asked."

"My Dad would help." Henry added in amusement.

Fergus' face grew paler. "I can't deal with this." he groaned setting his head on the table.

"Would you stop?" Hope said poking him on the shoulder. "They're only going over the rules, the other schools aren't even coming yet, and we haven't been able to submit ourselves to the Goblet. You're overreacting when there is nothing to react over, Fergs. I know, I know, I'm your best beater, but really-'

"It's not even about that right now, Hope." Fergus said. "You might be my best beater, I know I've joked about it in the past, but you two are also my best friend and people have died in this tournament before and people have come close to death many times before. I can't bear the idea of either one of you two getting hurt or worse..."

"Expelled." Hope finished.

Henry and Fergus gave her a look.

"Sorry," she smiled as her cheeks turned a slight tinge of pink. "Uncle Ron is always teasing Aunt Hermione with that story. I couldn't resist the line up. Anyways," 

She let out a heavy sigh before looking at Henry.

"If the idea of us entering bothers you that much, Fergie, then....then we won't do it." she said. 

"What?!" The two boys said simultaneously.

"Look, it's pretty obvious that the whole tournament has everyone we care about all worked up," she said looking at Henry. "Is it really worth putting them through the stress?"

Henry met her gaze before giving a small nod of his head. "I suppose you're right, the idea behind the tournament sounds great, but it's not going to be worth it, with everyone we know freaking out the entire time. We can certainly come up with another idea to drive every mad, can't we?"

"Of course we can." Hope said to him before turning back to Fergus. "Does that make you feel better?"

"Much better. Thank you."

"I still think it would have been fun." Hope muttered quietly.

Fergus could see the look of disappointment flash over his friends' faces as they seemed all set on joining the tournament.

"If there are any people in this castle who know a million different ways to have fun, it's you two. I'm sure you two will think of something. You have the rest of the school year ahead of you guys."

"I'm so proud of you two. Finally, thinking straight!" Nixie pulled Henry and Hope into a hug after the dinner as they stood outside the Great Hall.

'Aww Mum, knock it off." Henry whined. "You're messing up my hair."

Nixie rolled her eyes before pushing Henry away from her. "Be gone then peasant." she said.

"Hey!"

"I like your hugs, Nixie." Hope smiled at her.

"Of course you do." Nixie smiled in return. "Because you're an absolute sweetheart."

"Traitor is more like it." Henry grumbled as Hope winked at him.

"Really you two, it's a wise decision not to get yourselves mixed up in all of this." Remus said. "It's really for the better. Besides you two can focus on your studies-"

The two let out loud groans.

"Well then, never mind that!"