Chapter Nine

Henry was sitting at the Gryffindor Table alone one morning as Fergus and Hope had quidditch practice before the trip to Hogsmeade. He heard a familiar whistle and the sound of a candy wrapper, unwrapping before he looked up from his plate of eggs and saw Teddy.

"What are you doing here?" Henry asked him.

"Is it a crime to sit, Ry?"

"Hey, you're not allowed to call me that-"

"Yes, yes, only Hopey is allowed to call you that." Teddy grinned propping his feet up on the bench and finishing unraveling a chocolate bar in his hand.

"What is with the Lupin family and chocolate?" Henry shook his head.

Teddy shrugged. "It's in our blood...literally...chocolate runs through our veins."

"That's not a disturbing thought at all."

"Less disturbing than you finding out that Hope was about to spend the day with Benjamin McGregor in Hogsmeade instead of you." Teddy said in a teasing tone.

"What? What are you getting at, Teddy?" Henry gave him a look.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I'm only stating what I heard."

"What exactly did you hear?"

"That someone was a wee bit jealous that Hope was asked to Hogsmeade...enough so that she canceled her plans with him to spend the day with you."

"I didn't ask her to cancel-"

"Ah ha!" Teddy said before biting into the bar of chocolate. "So you admit that you were jealous?"

"What? No, I didn't say that!"

"But you didn't deny it either!"

"That's not true." Henry said. "I was only confused because we made the agreement to go to Hogsmeade for the first time, together. So when she mentioned Benjamin, I thought she had forgotten. If she wanted to, she could still go with him..I don't care-"

"Liar." Teddy shook his head.

"What are you trying to get at, Lupin?"

"Oh nothing." Teddy said with a stretch. "I'm not implying at all that you have a crush on Hope-"

"WHAT?!" Henry stood up from his seat and stared at Teddy in horror.

Teddy checked his nail bed casually for a moment, not responding to the reaction with even a glance.

"Why..why would you say that?" Henry asked him.

"Say what?" Teddy looked up at him finally.

"You..you..." Henry had become so worked up that he had completely lost his train of thought.

"Why does it look like Henry is trying to solve a Ravenclaw riddle?" Hope asked as she arrived in her quidditch gear. She dropped her gloves onto the table.

"No reason.." Teddy said before looking at Henry, who turned red in the face. 

Hope shrugged off the weirdness and turned back to Henry. "Ready to go to Hogsmeade and eat candy until we regret it?"

Henry settled down a bit before turning to his friend and smiling. "Yeah, let's get going."

"Everything okay between you and Teddy?" Hope questioned as she walked along outside to see Nixie the one guiding the students towards the direction of Hogsmeade along with Sirius.

"Yeah, everything is fine. You know Teddy, he just likes saying things to catch people off guard."

"One of his many talents." Hope chuckled. "Oh Uncle Teddy."

"Yeah good ol' Uncle Teddy." Henry scoffed as they approached his parents. "Git..."

"Whoa whoa whoa, and where do you two think you're going?" Sirius asked as they approached.

"Uh..to Hogsmeade?" Henry looked at his dad.

"I don't remember giving you permission..darling?" he turned to Nixie. 

"I didn't say yes either."  Nixie said.

Henry made a face before turning to Hope.

"Don't look at me, " she said. "My parents signed my form." she waved her form in Nixie and Sirius' face.

"Yeah yeah, go on and get out of here, Weasley." Sirius said kicking her lightly in the ass.

Henry looked at his parents. "Are you two really going to keep me here with you guys?" he asked looking to where Hope was waiting for him down the path.

"What? You hanging out with us? Oh no..no no.." Sirius shook his head. "We can't be seen with you..Merlin, Henry, we have our reputations to uphold."

He flipped his hair over his shoulder and walked off leaving Henry with his mother.

"Have fun." Nixie told him poking him on the nose and following after Sirius.

"Come on, GuppyPuppy, hurry up!" Hope called to him.

"Coming, Hopey Dopey!"

"Now what exactly is this?" Henry asked as Hope held out another candy to him.

"Coconut ice..." she said eyeing the candy. "Sounds interesting."

Henry shrugged. "I'll give it a go."

The two plopped the cubes into their mouths. Hope chewed on hers contently but Henry quickly spit his out.

"What was that?" Hope laughed covering her mouth.

"Gah, I still can't stand the taste of coconut." Henry wiped his tongue on his sleeve.

"You're so weird...you came out of the womb despising coconut and I don't know why."

"Bleck! It's just..ick..give me something to get the taste out of my mouth."

Hope handed him another candy, he quickly threw it into his mouth but proceeded to spit onto the ground again.

"Hope! That..that's coconut too!"

"Sorry, couldn't resist. Hey look...a chocolate frog, your favorite..." she waved the small package to him.

"Give me that..you owe me this!" he snatched the chocolate frog from her and opened it up. The chocolate frog leaped out and landed on Hope's face causing the two to giggle.

"I think it likes me." she said as she opened up, the other chocolate frog tried to hop away but Henry caught it.

"Who did you get?" Henry asked her.

Hope looked down. 'Hey, I got Uncle Ron again." she said holding up the chocolate frog card of Ronald Weasley. "Who did you get?"

Henry checked out his card. "Your mum."

"What did you say?!" Hope stood up on her feet.

"Even with a chocolate frog on your face you manage to be intimidating.." Henry scooted back. "But really..I got your mum."

Henry held up the card and showed Hope the chocolate frog card of Eleanor Weasley.

"Mummy!"

"Now are you going to eat the frog or are you going to keep it as a pet?" Henry asked pointing to the frog still on her face.

"Back off Black, this is my chocolate. "

"I'm not sure if this is the badger speaking or the Lupin..."

"Both, I'm a wolfbadger! ARROOOO AAAAAAAARG!"

"What was that?"

"That was the sound of a lone wolfbadger, GuppyPuppy."

"A dying one?!"