Chapter 16

PICTURE OF THE DRESS SHE WORE IS TO THE RIGHT >
...............

I stared at my reflection in the mirror as my hands fumbled with the hem of the dress.
"Wow" Peyton stared in awe behind me. She was right, the white floral dress fell just above my knee and was the perfect fit. When I met Peyton at the mall I told her everything (leaving out the kiss). She was shocked at first but she soon dragged me along all the stores in search for "the perfect dress". And after hours of searching we finally found one. I picked it out and Peyton very happily agreed.

My hands started to shake with nerves to which Peyton noticed .
"Hey Rosie don't worry I'm sure it'll be great, I mean what's the worst that could happen?" She was right, what was the worst that could happen? I sighed as I slouched back on the sofa waiting for the doorbell to ring. And it soon did. I tensed up as soon as I heard it and looked at Peyton for answers. She shoed me over to the direction of the door as she mouthed the word go. I stood up shakily, my legs still hurting a little from "how to walk in heels 101". I stumbled over to the door and let it open. In front of me stood Ben in a freshly ironed button up shirt, black jeans and a rose clutched tightly in his hand.
"You look beautiful Rosie" his eyes elevated up and down my body as his lips formed a smirk.
"You don't look too bad yourself" I joked. Before I could say anything else Peyton emerged from behind me.
"Hey now you have her home by 9 and I want no funny business"
"Yes ma'am" he smiled and offered me his arm to take. I did so graciously and let him lead me through the streets of LA.

We finally stopped outside of an Italian restaurant entitled 'Cibo' he took me by my hand and lead me inside. Everything was so high end and beautiful, but I couldn't help feeling out of place. Ben gave the waiter his last name and he showed us to our table. The circular table was set up with a red table cloth and a candle in between us. We made small talk before the waiter came and asked for our orders, Ben ordered the Bruschetta and I ordered the crostini.

The whole night was spent listening to Ben go on and on about the chain of restaurants his family owned. I found myself going to the bathroom just to escape. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror, everything looked the same as when I left Peyton's house. I rubbed my face with my hands (something I do when I'm stressed) and looked around the four highly decorated walls. My eyes stopped at a window, just big enough for me to fit through. One if the bathrooms stalls swung open as I contemplated climbing out the window.
"Bad date?" A petit blonde girl who looked a little older than me questioned. She was wearing a little black dress which hugged her curves perfectly and her blonde hair was curled and flowed perfectly down her body.
"Is it that obvious?" She laughed as she washed her hands.
"I'm in the same situation, 3rd bad date this week" she sighed.
"Oh wow"
"I know right, well anyway I better get back. Good luck" she winked before leaving.

I had decided that leaving through the window wasn't the nicest thing to do so I went back to Ben. I mean how bad could it be?