Chapter 11

First time chapter 11.

Ok so hey. I know it's been a while and I don't even have an excuse, so I'm just gonna get in with it. By the way in this Debby is 19 ( I know she's 20) and Jack is 18 so he can drive. Thanks for the 1000+ reads ily.

.................................................

I didn't know whether to trust Jack, but throughout the 13 years I've lived with him he's never broken a promise.

He tapped his fingers on the steering wheel along with the music. King for a Day by PTV and

Kellin Quinn was playing on the radio receiving us a few concerning glances from the pedestrians. But it was kinda predictable considering we had it on full blast.

"Jack we are we going" I asked after he missed our turn.

"I told you we were taking the long way, don't worry we've got plenty of time" he gestured to the clock which read 5:17 pm I guess he was right. I leaned back as I rolled down my window. LA weather takes some serious getting used to.

We had been driving for 20 minutes when Jack finally stopped outside a building entitled "burger king" he ran inside while I waited in the car.

I finished my fourth game of Temple Run when the car door swung open and Jack came in with various food bags gripped tightly in his arms. I gave him a questionable look.

"Erm what's this?"

"Food" he answered blankly. He squeezed into the car and turned to face me while handing me a bag.

"So sis, are we gonna talk?" I avoided making eye contact as I pulled out a box of fries.

"We have nothing to talk about" he sighed deeply as he tapped his fingers on his steering wheel in deep thought.

"Look, I know I haven't really been fair to you lately but I'm just looking out for you because your my little sister" he made full eye contact with me before I broke it . I really wasn't in the mood for another sob story.

"Jack it's fine, I'm over it, can we just go" I lied through my teeth.

"But.."

"Jack just go" I intruded him and this time he listened as he slowly backed up from the car park.

The ride to Peyton's house was silent with the Fray playing faintly on the radio. Jack pulled up on the side walk and unlocked the doors to let me out. I was hoping he would've changed his mind about coming with me but it wasn't going to happen. He walked up in front of me and knocked on the door a couple if times. Peyton once we the door on his 3rd knock. He blonde hair was tied into a fish plait which was hung loosely on her shoulder, and her pink pyjamas went with her pink slippers. Damn that girl liked pink. I saw her mouth drop a little at Jack, he half smiled at her and stepped to the left a little.

"Erm Peyton, are you gonna let us in? Or" Peyton snapped out of her day dream and let us in with a small laugh.

"Welcome to my humble abode" her house was massive the walls were cream with a few family photos hung up. It had a "homey" feel to it. Debby and Skai were scattered on the couch debating on which tv shows to watch. And the boys I presumed to be upstairs due to the loud banging sounds.

"ROSIE" Skai ran up to greet me after realising my presence. She hugged me but stopped at Jack.

"You must be Jack"

"And you must be Skai" she smiled before hugging Jack too. Him not resisting surprised me. Jack and I both weren't really huggers. Debby waved at us both as we heard noises from the top of the stairs.

"who's at the door" spencer called to Peyton from the top of the stairs.

"Come see" she shouted back. After a second or so footsteps started to come down the stairs.

"Wha- ROSIE" spencer tackled me in a hug and did the "bro hug" thing with Jack. Ben hugged me too but to Jacks relief he just nodded at him a little.

"Where's Karan and Cameron"

"Karan can't make it and Cameron's in the toilet" I nodded a little.

For the next ten minutes Peyton showed me a tour of her house. It was bigger than earlier. Way bigger.

"PEYTON" Spencer's voice came up the stairs.

"WHAT?" Spencer didn't reply,"urgh ill be back" she left to aid Spencer and I was alone.