14%

T H I R D  P E R S O N

the machines make noises. zanders hooked up to several machines while her face is bruised. when she came in contact with the street, the side of her face met the street first.

nate sat in a hard, uncomfortable plastic chair right next to her bed. his elbow propped up on the arm rest of the chair and his face in his hand. his eyes bloodshot red and the bags under his eyes are bulging.

its been two days since shes been in here. doctors said shes in a coma. sad news is that she lost one of the baby's and that they had to deliver the other one. only three months and hes already out, also hooked up to machines in an incubator.

nate and the others already got blood taken out. they have to wait a week to find out whos the daddy.

"im so sorry," nate mumbles. if she were awake she would say 'if youre sorry than you wouldnt have done it,'

the only person who hasnt showed up is sammy. god knows what nate would do to sammy if he were here. its all his fault shes in here. everythings his fault, if only he told sam that night, that zander was his girlfriend.

"nate?" a voice said.

nate looked up and his face fell, "you," he grunted. "you did this!" he yelled.

"no i didnt!" he said in return. 

"if you didnt pressure me into going to the party and throwing kayla onto my lap, she wouldnt be here. fighting for her life!" tears were swelling in nates eyes.

"im sorry," sam said.

"no youre not, just leave before i give them a blood sample of yours, and not the way they do it," nate threatens.

sammy walks to the front desk, "can i get blood taken out?"

"what for?" the lady asks.

"so if i could see if im the father of alexandria odyesseys sons,"

--

vote and comment!

-ali