chapter 2

the four of us awkwardly walked to chemistry, my arm still linked with toms. when we get to the classroom, i realise that no on is out the forunt, great, i sigh, late to my first day of class. i quickly shuffle inside, appologise to the teacher, and go to take a seat next to tom, but calums already beat me to it. the only seat left in the class is next to luke. 

this is not what i planned, i didnt wan to have a panick at school again, im 17 i should grow up. i wipe my hands on my skirt and sit down. 

"hey luke" i try to sound as calm as possible

"hi there alex" he sounds annoyed "so you and tom huh?" he spits out, like the words are poison.

i frown, and try to focus on my breathing. an inaudible "sorry" is all i can say. 

lukes face softenes and he wraps his arm around me, pullng me into his chest, the smell of his cologne calm me down. "panick attack?" he asks.

i nod as my breathing steadies again. 

"dont worry" he smiles as i pull my head up. "i get them too"

the next two periods where hell, my teacher rambling on about how this year is the most important year of our life, and that if we dont work hard enough we are going to screw up our carreer. i already knew enough of this, so i just zoned out. hming a song in my head, tapping my feet on the floor. 

"so alex" lukes voice broke my trance. "i need to know more about you"

"like" 

'do you like music" 

"yes" come on alex, use more words. "um do you"

"yes i do, alot actually" he smiles, his blue eyes could literally kill me. "favourite bands?"

"um, all time low, the maine, bastille and you me at six." "what about you?"

"all time low, fall out boy, blink 182, sleeping with sirens and the 1975"

"wow you have good music taste for a guy" i giggle 

he pulls a fake shocked face. "you have great music taste aswell, for a girl" he pokes his tongue out, then bites his lip. its only now i see his lip peircing.

he coughs. shit was i staring too long, quick ask another question. 

"um, so do you play an instument?" 

"yeah i do actually, i play guitar and i can kind of play piano" he says 

"i could teach you if you want" the words quicjly fall out of my mouth before i can think about what im saying. 

"what"

" um i play piano, i could teach you" i say, dropping my head down. 

"that'd be awesome thanks"

"on one condition" i say with a slight grin 

"and what would that be miss alec?"

" you have to teach me how to play guitar"

"deal" he smiles "my place after school" 

"maybe, i might have plans with tom though" i say, i see lukes eyes fill with lust, i liked this whole flirting thing. " im joking im free, jealous much: i say with a wink, the familiar school bell rings and i walk out of the classroom.