chapter 1- Mother-in-law meets the daughter-in-law

Lara's P.O.V:

Ash and her younger brother Jonah followed us hand in hand as we made our way to the ticket window as I carried my sister Cara in my arms. When we got close to the counter, we discovered a lengthy line in front of us. After waiting in line for almost 10 minutes, we eventually reached the ticket window and obtained our tickets.

We had a free day, so Ash and I decided on taking our little siblings to the theme park.

"Ash, let's go over there and sit down" I replied, pointing to the white bench that was positioned beneath a huge tree next to the fence of the huge garden.

We all took a seat on the bench and discussed which ride we should board first.

"Mommy, let's go over there and play with Snow White and the dwarfs." Cara pointed enthusiastically in the direction of the folks wearing the character costumes. She drew me in their direction while holding my finger.

"Slow down, sweetie or you might fall," I said trying to slow down her pace. We reached there and Cara started playing with them. The one wearing the Snow White's costume picked her up in her arms and started tickling her. Cara was enjoying and having fun. Soon after, Ash and Jonah joined us as well.

"So, Jonah, what do you wanna play?" Ash asked looking down at her brother.

"I wanna ride on the Ferris Wheel," Jonah said pointing his finger at the Ferris wheel which was a few meters away from us. Our jaws dropped listening to his reply. I must say he is a strong kid.

"There's no way that I am letting you ride it. It's for adults. And you are too young to ride on it. Do you get me?" Ash explained in a high pitched tone to Jonah. Poor little thing! Ash always gets Jonah to stop making unreasonable demands by using this tone. But, I think she needs to be a little gentler with him. 

"Ash, you do this every time. Just look at his puppy face... and Jonah, don't be sad. Your sister is right. You are too young to ride on that giant wheel. But you are not that young for the horse ride." I said, picking him up in my arms and walking towards the horse ride. His eyes beamed with happiness. 

He jumped on the back of the plastic horse, excitedly.

The horse ride started moving. And eventually, its speed increased. I could see Jonah was really having fun. Ash came carrying Cara in her arms and stood beside me.

" Cara, look! Your prince is coming to get you." Jonah said looking towards Cara when his horse ride came to a halt in front of us.

"Mommy, Ashley, look my prince has come." Cara said, excitedly.

Ash and I burst into laughter. Now that's really cute.

"Lary, I guess you need to start planning for your sister's and my brother's wedding...look! They make such a cute pair." Ash said putting Cara behind Jonah on the back of the horse. Cara held his waist tightly.

"They really do make a cute pair. But I am in no rush to get my little sister married anytime soon." I said, giggling.

I took out my phone from my pocket and clicked their photos. We also took some selfies. And Ash's expressions were no less than a joker. And her pouts can bring any fish to shame. 

"Aww! They are so cute. Just like their mothers." someone said from behind us. We both turned around.

There stood an old lady probably in her early 50s. She was wearing a navy blue overcoat and white leggings. Even in casual attire, she looked elegant and classy.

She walked towards us holding the hand of a little boy maybe around 6 followed by the two bodybuilders looking, men. Both in black suits, had a bluetooth receiver in their ears.