[ 010: Brothers ]

"B-brother?"

"He doesn't know you," said Charles, choking on his own blood. "He can't be your brother!"

"What do you mean?! That can't be!" The evil guy said, fighting back the tears welling up in his eyes

He charged towards Charles, catching him by surprise. The evil guy let out quick bursts of air which made Charles even more beaten up. Charles' clothes were tattered, making his bruised skin visible. More blood came out from Charles' mouth. He looks like he can barely stand. 

Mustering every bit of his strength, Charles shouted at the evil guy. "He's a stone spirit, James!" 

This pissed off the evil guy even more. Panting heavily, James held Charles by the collar of his shirt and pushed him towards a wall. He lifted him in the air and spoke, gritting his teeth in anger. "Shut your mouth! He's my brother."

"H-he i-isn't!" Charles said, suffocating in his words. I don't know why the heck Charles keeps on saying these things when he knows that it'll only infuriate the evil guy he called James. 

I looked over at Thys who is now running towards me. He looked confused as fuck as to why he was summoned and why there is a commotion. I did not have enough time to think of a better way to summarize what happened since even I don't know how it came to this. 

I pushed Thys towards Charles and James. "Help Charles!" 

Thys, although bewildered by the happening, complied. He parted his lavender robe with a forceful swish which caused James and Charles to momentarily calm down. Oh yeah, Thys makes people feel at peace. Even I feel at peace.

"Who are you?" Thys asked James. "What are you doing here?"

"Brother," was James' only reply. 

But that peace can be long forgotten now. A screen of smoke filled the air and seconds later, there were several black clouds of smoke floating in the air but I was mistaken. It wasn't a thing. It had white eyes and a big elliptical mouth. The smoke gathered and formed a big black demon-like smoke. It opened its mouth and sucked almost everything in the kitchen. 

Even I am being sucked in by the black thing. I held onto the counter tightly while holding on for my dear life. I closed my eyes as I prayed to God that everything will be alright. Minutes later, the sucking force stopped which made me breathe a sigh of relief but a sudden realization struck me.

I looked over Charles' and James' position but they were both gone. I turned my attention to Thys, only to see him passed out on the ground.

I ran around the house, trying to find Charles or the villain but they were nowhere to be found. I sat beside Thys while gripping his hand. I had no idea what to do. I yelled and yelled but Thys didn't wake up. I checked on him but he wasn't breathing nor did he have any pulse. 

Unwarranted tears fell from my eyes nonstop. I do not have any right to be crying right now. I did not do anything to help Charles or Thys. I wasn't able to support them. I was useless. 

I was useless and yet why am I the one left behind.

God should have taken me instead.

[ author's note: ]

OMG! What's with the clouds of smoke? What are those? Where did they come from? AND WHY IS CHARLES MISSING? WHY DID THYS PASS OUT? IS THYS DEAD? OH DAMN. So many questions.

This one's a short chapter but I hope you like it. I tried my best on writing the action scene but, I'm not much of an action fan. As always, vote and comment if you liked this chapter!