[ 009: Dweller of the Stone ]

"Do you really want to die?" Chad said sardonically. "Zach and Fred might be there but they can't protect you from everyone in the academy."

"Are vampires normally violent?" 

He sighed at my question as if he was fed up with explaining everything for the clueless old me. Then again, he can't blame me for being clueless. It's not as if I was born into the world knowing that the impossible is possible and those supernaturals exist.  If it were my sixteen-year-old self, I'd probably jumping in joy and being more inquisitive than I normally am. The younger version of me wasn't afraid of anything.

"Vampires are much tamer than most supernaturals. If those barbaric wolves saw you prancing around the Academy, they would definitely tear your limbs and eat you raw." He said with disgust. "In summary, you aren't allowed to go to the Academy."

With that, Chad left me speechless. I thought that the discord between vampires and werewolves were fictional like the relationship of cats and dogs but it seems that I am wrong. Still, talking about the Academy and the supernatural got me more curious than necessary. It makes me want to go to the Academy even more. Damn, I wish Fred was here. 

Instead of pouting like an eight-year-old who didn't get a candy from his teacher, I tried to put my attention to something else. I saw Charles in the living room fiddling with his laptop. I peeked at him only to see him playing League of Legends. In retrospect, these vampires seem like normal people. They eat, drink and play just like normal people. This is probably why people thought that supernaturals don't exist. It's because they coexist with ordinary humans like me. 

I went back to my room pondering about the existence of vampires and werewolves. If there are vampires and werewolves, are there ghosts and demons as well? Do angels exist? Is there an underworld? 

While thinking these thoughts, I heard a noise from the kitchen as though there were utensils and glasses breaking at the same time. I went to the kitchen immediately to find out why there is such a noise only to see Chad, wounded and almost breathless, and a man who's about 6 feet tall. The man was wearing an all-black suit that looked sharp and well-fitted. His dark hair was ruffled like he just woke up from a good night's sleep yet his eyes say that he hasn't slept for ten whole weeks.

 His dark hair was ruffled like he just woke up from a good night's sleep yet his eyes say that he hasn't slept for ten whole weeks

"Charlie, charlie, charlie," He said in a playful tone. He looked evil as he stepped towards Charles who is now barely standing. "It seems that you've weakened a bit, eh?"

"What are you doing here?" Charles asked warily while holding his left rib which looked like it was damaged severely. I ran to him so that I could help him but he yelled at me and said that I should run. 

As I was hesitating between running and helping Charles, the evil guy had early gripped my arm. He smiled at me and said, "Who's this cute little girl?" 

"Don't touch her!" Charles spat. He tried to come near me but the evil guy held his hand up which, all of a sudden, made Charles fall back to the ground. Charles looked at me and mouthed words.

I wasn't able to understand what he mouthed so I asked him what it meant. "Cold bliss?"

Charles looked angry at what I said so he mouthed words again.

"Ball swiss?"

"You fucking idiot! I said, call Thys!" He yelled. The evil guy looked surprised at first then angry. Evil guy ran towards Charles and punched him hard. 

While Charles is being beaten to death, I took the purple stone out of my pocket. It was the stone Camilla gave me. Fred told me that Thys lives in this purple stone and Camilla gave Thys to me so that he could protect me. He also told me that I could call Thys out if I needed any help but only if I was in extreme danger. I guess, this is what he meant by extreme danger.

"Come, dweller of the stone." I chanted, slowly trying to remember the words I'm supposed to utter. "Uhm, oh shit. Thys, just get the fuck out of that stone!" 

The evil guy looked at me with wrath. He looked inexplicably furious. He took me by the collar and held me up. I was about 10 inches away from the ground. I kicked my foot in the air, trying to get away from his grasp but this guy is just so damn powerful.

"How dare you utter my brother's name?" The evil guy shouted at me. I'm not saying this for comic relief but his saliva felt like rain as it reached my face. God damn it, man. We can talk this out peacefully without spraying saliva at each other. 

I ignored his sudden outburst as I tried to remember the words. Just why the fuck does my brain not work at times like these? Then, in a sudden flash, a mental light bulb appeared in my mind.

Come, dweller of the stone. 
You are called forth by the bearer of the throne.
As master and servant, let us begin
to vanish the darkness that is within.
For all the crimes to the queens and kings,
this is the atonement for your sins.

As if on cue, Thys appeared before us. He was shining brightly like a star and this time, he's fully clothed. He was wearing a lavender, floor-length hooded robe made with satin. There were golden flourishes on it which shone just like him.

The evil guy suddenly dropped to the floor as though his legs went jelly. He looked genuinely shocked at Thys. 

"B-brother?"