[ 003: The Suckers ]

"W-what?" I asked incredulously. It feels as if my life is going into a strange direction faster than a bullet train. 

Last night, I was just binge watching Once Upon a Time while ogling at Captain Hook and now I'm faced with something far more supernatural than Once Upon a Time. I wish that there would a pause button or a skip button somewhere 'cause I am immensely terrified at the situation that I am in. I barely know these guys and now someone tells me that I'm going to live with them. Talk about mental breakdown!

He repeated, "You're going to be living with us."

I shook my head as a response. I can barely make a sound because I feel so frightened. They were all looking at me intensely as if they're ready to chop my body and sell my organs to cannibals. Well, I don't think they'd do that, though. They'd probably the ones to eat me, not the cannibals. 

"It's not like you have a choice." Another unfamiliar voice interrupted. He was tall and somehow tanned, unlike the others. 

"I d-don't? B-but, w-why?" I quizzed, stuttering slightly as I muttered every word.

"It's going to take quite a while to explain. For now, you just have to trust us. We're going to tell you everything after we sort things out." He clarified while smiling sweetly.

I don't know much about trust but if that's what it takes for me to survive, why not? I know that sooner or later I'm going to regret this but it's better to just go with the flow than to fight it and get a one way ticket to heaven- or hell, if that's where I'll end up. 

"Then, would you at least tell me your name?" I muttered. 

"I'm Chadwick but I insist you call me Chad. I hate hearing the word 'weak' next to my name." He introduced, emphasizing the word insist. He turned to his back and pointed towards each of the guys. "These people are my brothers. I'm the second youngest, but I'm clearly the brainiest out of everyone in this room."

The vampire guy, who was beside me, spat. "What a fucking blatherskite." 

"Nobody uses that word anymore, Charlie." Chad chuckled slightly, which angered vampire guy more. 

"Don't call me that! My name's Charlemagne but just Charles is fine." Charles huffed as he sat down the sofa. Charles is a little hot-headed, I think.

"Okay, just Charles." Chad laughed. Before Charles can even reply to Chad's witty remark, Chad continued to speak. "Carry on, little brother."

The cute guy extended his hand while flashing me his sweetest smile. "I'm the cutest one in this family. I'm called Fred, by the way." 

I gave Fred an equally sweet smile because he has been nothing but welcoming to me ever since we met. I know he had been a little hostile a while ago but that's because I looked like a threat to them. But I don't think I really look like a threat. A small girl like me who only has fighting skills taken from watching Jackie Chan's and Jet Lee's movies and action anime isn't really much of a threat.