[ 008: Stuck ]

Today, I am stuck with Chad

Literally.

"Chad, we're stuck." I said, hesitating whether I should try to move my body or not. I knew Chad would feel uncomfortable if I moved an inch closer to him but there's something poking my back that it's starting to hurt already.

"I can tell." Chad sighed. "This is all your fault."

"Wow, what a gentleman. Putting all the blame on an innocent maiden." I muttered, acting as if I was hurt by why he said. 

Truthfully, it is my fault. What Fred told me yesterday weighed on my mind which is why I wanted to ask Chad. There really wasn't a right time to ask him since he was either with Zach or with Charles so I tried sneaking up on him when he went to the library. I was able to talk to him, at least, for quite a bit but we were interrupted when we felt someone coming in. Chad immediately told me to hide since he probably knew who they were judging from the voices. 

I hid in the narrow space behind the bookshelf and waited for Chad but before I knew it, Chad was beside me hiding as well. Through the spaces between the books, I was able to peek at the people who went inside. It was Ezra and a lady. 

She's beautiful yet more than just beautiful. She is pale like Ezra and the others which makes me think that she's another vampire. She's emitting an aura different from any other woman I've met. I looked at Chad, only to see him staring intently at both of them. I looked back at Ezra and the lady. They look perfect together. It's as if they were a match made in heaven or hell or wherever Vampires belong. 

It was impossible not to overhear their conversation since Chad and I were practically silent. As much as I wanted to be a good person and not listen in to their conversation, I can't help but listen. Even Chad is listening.

"Have you decided to accept my offer, Ezra?" The lady asked. Her sweet voice was laced with nervous energy as she waited for Ezra to speak. 

"It was an honor to have you offer me such a proposal but I would have to decline, Your Majesty." Ezra answered, slightly bowing his head. 

So this guy can be respectful too, huh? But, wait! Did he just say Your Majesty? 

"Please, Ezra. Think this through." The lady almost sobbed. She looked sad- too sad, actually. It was as if her heart was breaking. I know, probably, because I'm a girl too. "And I told you, you can drop the formalities when we're alone."

"I can't marry you, Princess." Ezra spoke with conviction. "I do not dream to be a king nor do I want to take my brother's position."

The princess cried. "But, I love you." 

I gasped and almost yelled but Chad was just in time to put his hand over my mouth. Chad glared at me and I managed to calm my heart. Did I just witness a confession? Did I just witness a princess being rejected? Did that Ezra seriously just reject the chance to become king?

My mind is blown. 

"Royalties do not marry for love in a monarchy. You, of all people, should know that." He spoke. I could sense that he's starting to feel irritated since he is less respectful than how he was a while ago. Then again, the princess did say that he should drop the formalities.

"And you also know I can't take no for an answer." The princess argued.

"Then, it's time you learn to face rejection." Ezra fired back. This time he look awfully pissed off. He went out of the library and left the princess crying. Well, damn. What a savage person.

Chad and I waited for the princess to finish crying before we went out of hiding. The princess left the room with tearful eyes. She looked so hurt by what Ezra told her. 

"That's Ezra for you. Turning down a princess like it's no big deal." He said while stretching his back, making a cracking sound. "Still, being offered married is like the biggest praise you can get from a royalty." 

"He could have at least be a little more gentle with his words, though." I murmured as I started massaging my shoulders. 

Chad didn't speak after that. Instead, he went out of the library with some books. I followed him again so I could ask about myself. Am I really mysterious? I'm just an ordinary human being with no talent, skill, or power. 

"Stop following me." Chad said while giving deathly stares. "I have an exam so I need to stay focused."

"Exam?"

"What? You think I don't go to school? Excuse me but if you think that vampires spend the rest of their lives hunting people and sucking blood, you are wrong." He affirmed, slightly rolling his eyes. 

"But you're over a hundred years old?" I asked incredulously. 

"Every vampire is over a hundred years old in the academy. It's normal." He explained.

So, if he is going to school? Who will I ask? Zach and Fred are not at home. Charles and Ezra will most likely snub the hell out of me. Chad is my only hope! 

"Then, can I come with you?"