Chapter 21- Come Home to Me!- PrussiaXReader #2

The silent night swept over me with a sense of hurt and worry. The cold eased my pain, very little as it nummed my legs and my arms. The physical pain was washed away by the frost, but with it, it brought more emotional pain.

My tears froze on to the chilled grass almost as soon as they left my eyes. My heart throbbed for him, the one love of my life. I wished to touch his strong hands, one last time. I wished that his sweet lips would collide with mine, just once more, so I could savor his kiss for one, saddening, last time.

"Oh, Gilbert.... I miss you..." I whispered under my breath. I clenched my fists, letting every tear that was meant to be cried pour from my eyes. I lifted my head up, slinging droplets of water from my eyes. "GILBERT!" I screamed. "COME HOME!"

Every tear shed was just a small part of how much I wanted him home. My heart sank into the darkness of hopelessness as I held out my hand. I hang my head low, letting every tear escape my closed eyes.

"Come home..." I whispered again. "Come home so I can hold your hand again, like I used too everyday... I miss you! Come home!"

Just as I was about to put my hand down, a strong and warm hand gently grabbed mine. I opened my eyes wide and stared to the ground. The touch of the hand sparked a familiar spark.

It was him.

I looked up to his face. He didn't have the same bright smile he always had. He was smiling alright, but I could tell by the look in his red eyes that he was not happy.

"G-Gilbert?!" I squeaked. He nodded, not changing his look. I scrambled up, jumping up and pulling him into a big hug. He simply patted my back as I pulled off and smiled, tears rushing from my face. "I've missed you so much!!!" I squealed.

He pulled out a note and handed it to me. In his handwriting, his beautiful handwriting, it wrote.

          Dearest ________,

    I love you. I hope you know that. I wish I could tell you in my own voice, but, in the war, I lost it. For good. My sweet, beautiful, darling.... How I wish to speak to you. How I wish to whisper "Love you, love you" in your ear between turns in our kiss. I wish I could tell you everything you mean to me, but sadly, I cannot.

    I hate to tell you this way, but, _____? I want you to know that I'm dying. My life is being drained slowly. With every breath I take, more of my time is exhausted. By the time I give this to you, my time should be about an hour. I will miss you, and I hope that you never forget me.

                             With warm regards,

                                        Gilbert.

Tears... How many tears stained the paper. I looked up, my heart sinking lower and lower. I cupped his warm face, still letting tears stain the grass.

"I-Is it true, G-Gilbert? It can't be true!" I cried. To my despair, he nodded. I wrapped my arms around his neck and closed the space between us. I pulled him in close to me.

"One last kiss goodbye...." I whispered. He nodded, closing the gap between our lips. Magic, as usuall. When he pulled away, tears stained his shirt. Everytime one of my tears hit him, a hole was made in his perfect skin. I gasped, appauled and stepping away.

"Gilbert! Whats happening to you?!" I screamed. He grabbed my hand again and smiled. He tried to speak, I could tell.

"I-I l-love you, _-_______...." He gasped. "I-Its time f-for me to g-go n-now...." He whispered.]

"NO, GILBERT!" I yelped.

"J-Just say y-you love m-me t-too." He stammered.

"I love you too!! Don't leave!" I shouted. More holed punctured his skin, just as his feet and going up began to turn into black raven's feathers.

"I will never forget y-you..." He whispered, just as his amazing face went away. I stared, appauled, for a moment longer before I fell to the ground.

"GILBERT!" I shouted, crying my eyes into the grass. Nothing was ever so special to me. Even though he is gone, just as he said:

I will never forget him