Awakened With a Kiss

© All Rights Reserved.

'AWAKENED WITH A KISS' - Prologue

Everyone has been told of some sort of fairy tale or at least a made-up story as a child, either at school or before bed.

The thing about fairy tales is almost all of the time they have a good person who falls into a trap that had been set up by the evil villain, but that's alright because that's when the hero comes in and saves the day, then everyone lives happily ever after.

That's what makes them a fairy tale, they're just a tale, something that is highly unlikely to happen in real life. My life.

As a child I have always believed that fairy tales are just made-up stories... Right? Why else would they be called tales? Believing that fairy tales are real and that there are such things as happily ever afters is pretty naive, that is my opinion though.

Seriously, believing such things should be deemed useless. It's like believing that Justin Bieber would one day hit puberty, that vampires are real only coming out at night when we're all safely tucked in our beds fast asleep, or thinking you'd someday marry Harry Styles from One Direction, sorry girls, he's mine.

I would have never thought that these fairy tales have some sort of truth behind them. Who would've thought that the tale of Sleeping Beauty was actually based on someone's life? But then again, where else would people get their ideas? Even people back those days were lazy and liked to plagiarize.

Yes, I'm talking about the story of the girl who pricked her finger on a spindle causing her to fall into a deep sleep for about a hundred years only to be awakened with a kiss given to her by her one true love, her Prince Charming, all of these events occurring due to a wicked witch. Yeah, that story's real. Who would've thought?

No thanks, I am not crazy and do not need your money to pay for my taxi fare to a psychologist, thank you very much.

Everyone knows how tribal legends change drastically as they pass from one generation to the next, the story of Sleeping Beauty is much the same.

You know how Sleeping Beauty is the story of a girl... Well something was bound to change in the story as it was passed down. Yes, this means in reality Sleeping Beauty is actually a guy. Yet again, who would've thought?

I guess it was due to sexism, even people back then had a thing about man-pride. Old habits die hard, don't they? Besides, I don't think 'Sleeping Beauty' is a very manly title.

You probably want to know how I know this, what my part is in this twisted fairy tale and more importantly what this makes me. I guess you can call me...

Princess Charming?