Chapter 25: Are You in The Mafia?

NOT YET EDITED...

CHAPTER 25: ARE YOU IN THE MAFIA?

This had to be a joke, surely?

I try to grasp my mind around this outrageous story; they were giving me. I mean seriously, he moved out of the country? Do they think I'm actually going to buy that crap?

I have to say, it's a great way to calm me down; because, I am having a time trying to keep a straight face, at the moment. I will also admit they are doing a fantastic job of betraying themselves as quite serious, even Ian has this worried look about him.

I want to stay angry with them; even so, I couldn't hold back the laughter any longer. I literally start rolling on the floor trying to get a hold of myself; tears running down my face. My eyes too blurry to see any of them, but I become aware of the absent laughter from others; this causes me to be puzzled. So, struggling to contain myself at least enough to see what they are up to.

I get back on my feet and look down at Ian; once I focus on him my laughter immediately dies, I swear to all that's holy; he looked terrified. This sobered me right up.

"Ian?"

My brother gave me a look that was a mixture of extreme worries, and a clear pleading look. This suggested he was, in fact, very serious; this totally baffled me. I give him my evilest of eyes, letting him know I am done with the jokes. 

"Seriously, Ian?"

To my utter disbelief, he nods his head, yes. All doubts leaving my head; I become lightheaded at the realization; they are not joking with me. Looking at the others only caused the feeling to worsen, for they all looked like they rather be out of the country themselves instead of in front of me preparing for my wrath.

"ARE Y'ALL FROM THE FREAKING MAFIA OR SOMETHING?"

I knew... that statement was a bit on the over-dramatic side; even so, seriously people didn't send off others because of stuff like this; only crazy people did stuff like that!

They had the nerve to chuckle at me; although, seeing my look, their mouths clammed right up! I turn to Grey about to give him my full-blown wrath; however, he must be beyond stupid because he actually had the nerve to interrupt me.

"Nah babe...if we were the mafia; he'd been tossed over the mountain like I wanted in the first place."

I would be more they happy to toss all of them over! Surely, he didn't just say that to me; does he want a death wish? Just as I was about to launch over onto his sorry ass; Ian intervened, damn him! 

"Err, umm not a good time there Grey; y'all let me handle this. I don't want any broken bones to deal with."

"Well, I'm waiting for you to 'handle it', brother!"

"Umm, I'm sorry?"

"Are you serious, that is all you have to say? Oh my flipping goggles! Let me point out, dear brother; when you say I'm sorry, like it's some freaking question it doesn't even count as an apology! I swear; I am so ready to kick all your sorry asses! I wonder where'd your balls disappeared to?"

"Hey...That's offending, Jol! I'm just trying to prevent you getting more pissed at us than you already, are. Honestly, sis...your disbelief is scary as hell!"

I hear the other three morons agree with Ian when he revealed that tidbit. Oh, for the love of... Seriously, I'm barely five feet, and a girl, for crying out loud How can someone stay mad at such idiots? Oh, no Jolie you better not go, all soft on them; hold your ground.