Collision Course

14th of may, 2048. Kaishi City.

"I'm telling you man, that girl was heavenly!"
Inai smirks. Concentrated more on driving that Kute's tale of romance.
"And. She just had you kidnapped. So she could flirt you into bed?"
Kute lets out a tiny giggle.
"Maybe she's into that..."
Inai shrugs. "Whatever man. At least you got someone to be happy with.
What was her name agai-"
Inai is cut short. As their car is violently blindsided by an SUV. Sending them into a streetlight. 

Kute groans. Glancing up at Inai with one eye open. He coughs as dust starts to settle.
"Are you alright over the-"
This time. Kute is cut off. As the car rattles with a hail of automatic fire. He lowers himself in the seat. And the bullets miraculously miss them both.
Kute clambers over his friend and hammers the drivers door open. Dragging Inai out into cover behind the vehicle as the first thug has finished reloading. And is joined by three more from the SUV.
Kute slips the unconscious neko's handgun from his belt. And draws his own 'anti material pistol'. Sliding the bolt action. It clicks satisfyingly. He stands up. Opening fire with Inai's handgun from behind his car. Shooting wildly. A bullet catches one would be assassin in the neck. As the rest take cover. Kute throws himself to the concrete again. And three light sub-machine-gun clatter, spitting out bullets like a swarm of insects passing overhead. Ricocheting off of the car. Shattering the floor to ceiling windows of the office lobby behind him. They start to reload. Kute rises again. Aiming his personal weapon. Straight at the SUV engine compartment. He pulls the trigger and the 50. Cal bullet tears through the metal. Annihilating the chest cavity of the triggerman sheltering behind it. Kute grins in satisfaction. Before his eyes widen.
One thug has stood from cover. And fired a clear shot at Kute. The bullet hole staring just under the left side of Kute's ribcage. And exiting through the flesh on his side. He drops his heavy
A-M pistol. Emptying the last of Inai's handgun into the thug. Killing him. Before collapsing to the pavement. Panting desperately. Blood pools around him, draining gently from his wounds as the final hit man strides victoriously over to him. Drawing a handgun.
Kute's chest rises and falls rapidly. He looks up at his killer. Desperation and panic in his eyes.

"Freeze! KCPD! Drop the weapon!"
The remaining hitman turns his head slightly. Aiming his handgun down towards Kute's head.
And the shot. Echoes around the now deserted street.
The handgun. Clatters to the concrete next to Kute.
As a grey haired, female officer moves closer.
Gun raised.
Trained on the dying would-be-assassin.