Chapter 22: I Love You

"So tell me...what happened?"

"How about we start with you just asking me various specific questions? There's too much to explain to put it into one whole explanation." I told him sighing.

He nodded getting straight to the point," Okay so did you really kill your adoptive parents?"

"One of them yes..." I said sucking in a deep breath.

He asked me the question I had been dreading," Why?"

"Don't call me crazy...if that's what your thinking. I'm not crazy. They were abusive...well he was. My adoptive mother just watched most of the time if she wasn't the one getting abused. That day in particular though, my brother had come to visit me thinking my parents our parents were still gone and while my adoptive father was about to abuse me, Tony stabbed him to death." I took a deep shaky breath and he grabbed my hand," There was so much blood. On me, on Tony and then out of nowhere my adoptive mom shot Tony and I ended up shooting her."

He pulled me into his arms, my body trembling slightly at the memory. "How did he abuse you?"

"In every way possible. Mainly physically, sometimes emotionally, and if he was feeling extra sadistic sexually." I gulped down the bile rising in my throat.

I felt him tense from beside me," Did he.....did he, did that son of a bitch ra-"

"Yes." I told him quickly, trying but failing to hide the shiver of disgust. Logically I knew it wasn't my fault but I couldn't help but feel disgusting next to him. I was damaged goods, and now he knew why.

I heard him take a deep breath," How many times?"

"Seven."

He squeezed me closer to him, his voice thick with emotion," Oh Cameron...why didn't you ever tell me? Where was your brother when all this happened?"

"It's not exactly something you tell someone on your first date. And before you try to blame him it's not Tony's fault. When we were younger I promised my real mom that I would always protect him, even though he was older than me. Tony was always more fragile, especially emotionally. So, I took most of the beatings and the rest of the abuse. I protected him because if I didn't, he would have ended up broken and unhappy. I, on the other hand, wouldn't have been able to live with myself knowing I could have stopped it. Sometimes you have to put the people you care about first in order to with yourself."

He shook his head, smiling softly before wiping tears that I didn't know I was crying. "You're so brave and strong. You carry burdens like they're feathers, without complaint. I don't know how you do it."

I just shrugged not really wanting to talk about it, my face grew hot at the compliment.

"What happened to your mom?"

I froze slightly and grew a little uncomfortable at that question. "Well...she died from an aneurysm."

"I bet she was a great women."

I nodded," She was."

We sat in silence, just living in the moment. It was crazy to think that in a matter of months, so much had happened. It seemed like my life had done a complete 180 and it started the day a met him. For that, I am eternally grateful.

"I love you...so much sometimes it hurts. I remember when I saw what happened, I was afraid that you were one of the people in the body bags and then on the news when it said you killed your parents, I felt like I had lost you. It felt like a piece of my heart had left and I didn't know when I'd get it back. But here you are back in my arms again and having you here makes me remember just how much I missed you. I love you Cameron."

"I love you too." The words slipped out before I could stop them, but I didn't care because I meant it. I was in love with him and despite my past I wasn't going to deny it.

He connected our lips in mere seconds. It was even better than the last time. His lips molded with mine, all the passion and pent up frustration seemed to flow through the kiss, it felt like we had never been apart. It was like a fire had stirred in my stomach and I just wanted to let it all go. I needed him. In that moment, I needed him, I needed this. I needed to feel cherished in a way only he could, but he pulled away abruptly leaving me panting and wanting more.

I just looked into his eyes, wanting this moment to last forever. Wanted for me and him to forever be frozen in this moment.

The flash of a camera broke our locked gaze and we both looked at the source of it.

Anthony stood there, one hand on his hip the other, looking at the photo he'd just taken of us.

"That's a good one. How about you do the lovey dovey speech again so I can snap a few more pictures and sell them to the fangirls online?" He asked teasingly.

I rolled my eyes at him," Thanks Tony way to kill the moment. I swear it's like you wait for the worst times to come in."

"I really do. It's a real talent of mine. King of the worst timing possible," he stated with a mock salute.

I shook my head at him while Joshua just chuckled from beside me.

"Oh shit I have to get home, I see you late.....hopefully?" He said more like a question.

I smiled at him softly," Definitely."

He left, this time out the door instead of my window and it was an interesting feeling. It felt like we didn't have to hide anymore even though we never had to hide in the beginning. It just felt free this time, like I know he'll come back instead of being worried one day he won't.

"Is that love I spy? Do I dare say my baby bro is in the L.O.V.E?" Tony asked me smirking.

I pretended to think," L.O.V.E. Hmmm that could stand for Lesbian Obsessed Vagina Eaters or Loving Overpaid Vacation Explorations, there's so many things it could stand for."

"Sometimes I want to choke you but then I remember that if you were dead, I'd have no one to tell me I'm gorgeous."

I looked at him weirdly," What about Casey?"

"He calls me sexy not gorgeous and that's because he fucks me. I need someone who hasn't and will never fuck me to tell me I'm gorgeous so I know it's real. So I know they haven't fallen victim to my mind-numbing hole," He told me with a wink.

I gagged," Then I'm not the man for the job. You look like a potato, end of story."

"That's okay I'll just have Casey peel me," he retorted in what I assumed was his version of a comeback. It didn't really make sense to me but then again nothing Tony did ever does.

He sauntered out of my room just as I heard the front door slam meaning Casey was back from work. The two of them really were good for each other. Anthony was a little on the wild side and could sometimes be annoying but Casey's calm, quiet, and protective personality balanced out my brother's. I was happy for him. No matter how much he may complain or joke, I could tell he truly loved Casey.

I laid down in my bed, for once content with my life. Things were looking brighter.