Chapter 12

Months past. Three to be exact and they had been close to perfect. Anthony had called a few times to check in and he was thrilled to hear about Joshua saying he couldn't wait to embarrass me. Good thing he would be too occupied with work for a while.

In school, after a few weeks everyone's fascination with our relationship had died down and we were able to do as we pleased without everyone staring. Sure there was an occasional squeal from random girls but otherwise, everything was pretty normal.

"What are you thinking about?" Joshua asked in amusement. It was obvious now I wasn't focused on whatever was playing on the tv.

I smirked," Something you're not."

"Sex?"

I rolled my eyes," You wish."

"I do wish," he nodded seriously.

I shrugged pretending to be interested in the show that I recognized as Steven Universe.

"Remind again why we're watching this." I stated in a bored tone.

"Steven Universe is life."

I rolled my eyes. This show seemed so stupid to me, I rather be watching Scandal or Vampires or even Supernatural. At least they were interesting and made complete sense....more or  less.

"Fine," he sighed," I'll just turn off my happy place."

I smiled. He was so dramatic sometimes," Why?"

"You're not even watching it."

"So?"

He gave me an annoyed look," I hate watching tv or movies with people when I'm the only one watching it."

"Maybe choose something everyone likes and that wouldn't be a problem," I smirked with a nonchalant shrug.

He pushed me into a laying position, hovering, he leaned closer," And what is it that you would like?"

My brain went blank for a second until I remembered he asked a question which meant he expected a reply. Mentally I was preparing myself for the facepalm to come," Potato?"

"Potato?" He asked with the cutest puzzled look I've ever seen.

Que the facepalm. "Um...yea...like French fries?"

"Okay? Are yo-"my stomach chose that time to growl," Well that explains it."

He smirked at me getting off the couch and heading over to the kitchen. I followed his league watching as he started peeling potatoes, cutting them into fries, and then putting the cut uncooked potato into a bowl of water. He then pulled out some burgers from the freezer and got 2 pans and a pot.

"I forgot you've been here enough to know where everything is." I commented randomly.

He chuckled," Yeah I'm only over here almost every day."

That was true. Over the three months he was always coming over. It never crossed my mind that he stays with me more than he stays at home. I didn't mind though. I had learned a lot about him over the past few months. His mother was a single parent of him and his older adopted brother Jordan. He and his brother are close and are in the same grade.

"True." I agreed," Do you want some music?"

He hummed yes and I got out my phone and put on my Spodify playlist. I watched as he put oil in a pot and once it started to get hot he added the uncooked fries. Then he started cooking the burgers on one pan and sautéed onions and mushrooms on the other. The aroma was delicious.

The whole time I just sat and watched him cook. Occasionally he would move away from the stove for a kiss or just to mess with me but I didn't mind.

Awhile later after the food was finished, we both sat on the couch watching OITNB while devouring our food. I don't think either of us realized how hungry we were until the food was actually in our mouths.

"Fucking Pieper. What is wrong with you? Alex is a no no." I commented angrily.

Joshua chuckled," That's kind of their thing. They fight because of something one of them did and break up, then fuck and get back together again."

"It's annoying. Stay together or be broken up." I glared at the tv screen," I don't know if I'll make it to season 4."

"We are half way through season 3 and you haven't actually watched seasons 1 or 2. How could you not make it to season 4?"

A knock on the door kept me from replying. Surprised, I paused the tv and went to the door, opening it.

"Sup Cameron?" Montero said as soon as I opened the door.

I stared at him a little weirded out, he had never been to my house before.

"Hey Montero...." I looked back to see Joshua coming to the door, with a look that said he was just as surprised as I was.

Montero's piercing violet eyes stayed briefly on Cameron's for a second before going back to me.

Joshua spoke before he did," What are you doing here dude?"

"Um...I was looking for you because that thing, came up. I went to your house at first but your mom told me you were here so...yeah." He was nervous, I could see it in his eyes rather than his posture.

I was also caught off guard but how much he had said. That was the longest I've heard him talk since I've known him. I looked at Joshua to see a knowing look on his face. He looked down at me, and we held eye contact for what felt like forever until he smiled at me, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll text you later, duty calls." He winked before walking out the door and following Montero, not giving me any explanation. I closed the door wondering what could possibly be going on but that thought was lost when the doorbell rang.

Curious, I opened the door but no one was there. I looked down and there was a black envelope on the ground. It reminded me of some stereotypical stalker shit.

I picked it up and walked back inside, locking the door behind me. I went back into the living room, and ripped open the letter. I pulled out a familiar torn blue baby shoe and a notecard. Sitting on the couch, I read the card aloud, more confused than ever.

"Lies are the seed from which deceit blooms."