Chapter 13

A/N: Bolded words are the people on the other side of the phones words.

________________________________________________________________________________

Good morning sexy :-P

That was the first thing I woke up to. The simple three worded text made me roll my eyes yet smile at the same time. Yesterday's events already erased from my mind.

I looked towards through my window to see Joshua wave at me, with that irritatingly sexy smug look on his face. I gave a simple wave back, trying not to look lower than his face. I hated when he did that. His body was so hot it was practically sinful, and my eyes couldn't help but stare if I stayed any longer. I closed my curtains, wiping a hand over my face as my mini me got a little excited. Not the time Julio. Yes I named him Julio.

Laughing at myself, I made my way to the bathroom and showered. Looking in the mirror I noticed most of my bruises had faded and the bags under my eyes were no longer there. I smiled at that. I noticed I had been smiling a lot more lately.

After getting dressed and going downstairs, I grabbed some yogurt with granola in it and ate while I sat on top of the counter. I felt childish for a second and kicked my feet as I hummed a random tune.

The sound of my phone ringing caught my attention. Not bothering to check the caller ID, I answered, in a really good mood now.

"Hello?" I asked putting it on speaker phone, smiling hoping it was who I thought it was.

"Brat," the gruff voice on the phone said.

I instantly paused. My body stiffening as my smile turned into a frown. This wasn't good. Harold never called me unless there was bad news. Well....good news for them, bad news for me.

I looked at the phone cautiously," What the hell do you want Harold?"

"Oh you're not excited to hear from me? Surprising."

"I'm only excited when I don't hear from you."

"I'll remember that wh-"

"Is there something you wanted?" I was getting anxious. I had a bad feeling about it.

"Oh yeah..."he paused and I could practically feel his sick amusement through the phone," we'll be back next week. We decided to end our trip early because I missed my favorite little bitch."

My heart stopped. I didn't bother answering as he started laughing like it was the funniest thing in the world.

"See you soon....sweetheart." And then the call ended.

The past few months flashed through my mind and I couldn't stop myself from feeling like a complete idiot. I could never be happy, not really. Happiness was like love. Imaginary concepts made by the brain to give us some sense of directions.

I had no choice but to end it with Joshua. He didn't need that in his life. He didn't need me. He may think he loves me but he'd get over me. I wasn't memorable. I wasn't that important. All the memories we made together would eventually be forgotten once he found someone else.

Not knowing what to do I called the only person I knew I could talk to.

"What's up baby boy?" Tony's chirped.

"They're coming. Tony they're coming back in a week. It's not over, I can-"

"Wow, wow slow down. What's happening? Who's coming?"

"They're coming back home, next week."

The line went silent for a second and I held my breath waiting for his response.

"I'm coming out there before they get back and I'm taking you with me."

"Tony, you don't have to do th-"

"Don't tell me that. I can tell you're scared. It's time I do my job as your big brother and protect you. Growing up I might not have done a great job but I plan to make up for that now."

"Tony..." I didn't know what to say

"No ifs, ands, buts, or but Tony's." I could hear the teasing in his voice," Your coming to live with me babes."

I smiled at that before remembering what I really wanted to ask him," What should I do about Joshua? I can't let him be around them, you...you kno-"

"End it." He said simply, his voice void of emotion.

I sighed," You're supposed to tell me there's another way. That...that maybe there's something else I can do."

"Look," I heard him sigh," You know what happened when they found out about me and Elijah. I'll never forget that day. I don't want what happened to me, to happen to you baby bro. End it to protect him. End it because you love him. You'd never forgive yourself if something happened to him."

He was absolutely right. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

We said our goodbyes and Tony promised he was on his way to the airport right now, already having a ticket on standby. He was an amazing brother even if he didn't believe that.

I looked at my watch and saw that I was going to be late for school if I didn't leave for school now. Throwing away my yogurt since my appetite was long forgotten, I walked outside and hating every step.

Here goes nothing.