32 - Death and The Maiden

Start from the beginning

The glass shatters in his hand, scaring the three opposite him slightly "Stef ?" Amelia asks warily, concern lacing her tone.

Elena stands up, going sitting beside him "Stefan ?"

"Whoa" Damon says, taking the broken glass from his hand "Easy there, buddy"

"Huh" The youngest states "All of that, and I still can't remember my own strength" That is when cries are heard from the basement, and the couple let out a groan knowing what it is, while Stefan tilts his head in confusion "What was that noise ?"

"Uh, well that is.." The Eldest trials off, scratching the back of his neck.

"We have a situation" Elena carries on.

Amelia nods "Sadly, of the Doppelganger variety"

"Katherine ?" But they all shake their heads at him.

"No, nope, not Katherine" Damon tells him, and after they all exchange looks, Amelia and Damon lead Stefan down to the basement to explain.

Standing in front of the cell, they reveal Amara sat on the floor curled up in a ball, talking and screeching to herself.  "I don't know. I don't know" She repeats shakily, rocking back and forth from where she is sat. She then gets to her feet, her hands still tied behind her back like last night, throwing herself at the pieces of wood leaned against the cell wall.

Stefan looks dumbfounded, and just stares at her for a moment, before glancing at Damon and Amelia stood either side of him "What's wrong with her ?"

"Better question is, what isn't ?" Amelia corrects, shaking her head as she looks at Amara "This is all Tessa's fault"

"Tessa turned her into a block of rock, left her in a box for 2000 years, probably went a little stir crazy like those deserted island guys who talk to volley balls" Damon chimes up in explanation, leaning back against the behind wall.

"I said I don't know" The deranged Doppelganger cries, tears streaming down her face, stumbling around the cell in a daze.

"So you're telling me that this girl is the only thing holding the other side together ?"

"Yeah" Amy nods.

"She's the Anchor" Damon finishes, as Amara begins to mutter once again, her voice getting louder and louder each time "As long as she's alive, the other side exists, and we can keep trying to get Bonnie from over there"

"Well, considering she's immortal, I'd say we have plenty of opportunity" The Youngest says, as Damon pushes off the wall and walks to the cell door,  glancing through the bars at Amara.

"You'd think" Damon says, and Stefan watches him pace back from the cell "Except last night she stuck a whole in Silas's neck, sucked the cure right out of him, so now she's not only nuts, she's mortal, which means we have to keep her ordinary little human heart beating until we get Bonnie back"

"Which, she is making a lot harder task then it should be" Amelia says, as Amara causes yet another crash inside of her cell, speaking louder and louder to herself.

"How do you plan to do that ?"

"Silas made a pinky promise that he'd do a spell to bring her back. Unfortunately, he's taking his sweet time coming back to Mystic Falls" As Damon explains, Amelia sighs when she sees Amara break the binds on her wrists, quickly opening the cell door.

"Damon" She says, rushing inside and pulling Amara's wrist from her mouth, holding her back until Damon comes in and restrains her.

"No ! No, let me die ! Let me die !" She sobs, blood running down her lips from the wound she created on herself, that isn't deep enough to do any serious damage.