Chapter 8-Ashton Eaton

Happy Friday everyone! I'm back with a new update! Hope you enjoy it! Music video above is  titled "Superheros" by The Script. This song is for later on in this story. It will be starting in this chapter. You'll know when ;) 

P.S- THIS STORY GAINED LIKE ALMOST 200 READS IN LESS THAN A WEEK!!! WOWY!!

P.P.S-Dedicated to lethologicas for her huge sudden support on this story. Thank you!!!

****

Chapter 8- Ashton Eaton

Watching Mays leave, I can't help but feel protective over her. When she was telling me, Laney, and Mr. Bates about Mr. Reys and his obvious passes, I couldn't help but feel the need to pummel him.

Not only that, but seeing her smile brightly despite what happened, seeing her friends caring so much about her and meaning it (trust me when I say that...I can tell), and finally, having her brother come over from out of the country just to be with her, I came to the conclusion that Daniela Mays isn't the typical high school Ms. Perfect I first thought she was.

I still don't know who she is, however, I have an idea on how to find out. I'll be helping her set up the ball and I'll try to get to know her more then. I mean, what's a better way to get closer to someone than to have easy access around them and watching them?

Wait, that sounds pretty creepy now that I actually thought it through. Ah, this girl is driving me insane.

"Earth to Ash," Laney calls out as she waves her hand in front of my face. I blink and take a step back.

"Woah, too close there," I comment as a smirk graces her lips. That's my thing not hers so why is she smirking? Whenever I smirk, it's for a reason so what's hers?

"Whatcha' thinkin' about?" she questions smugly as we walk towards my car. Laney and I live fairly close by each other so I pick her up and drop her off at home most of the time.

"Nothing," I reply as I go to my side of the car. She smirks more.

"Is that so? Then why did your face go from anger, to awe, then to satisfaction? Are you thinking about Danny?" she continues to question in a teasing manner. I falter for a fraction of a second before returning back to normal. I wasn't that obvious was I? But time to act cool and oblivious to what she's pointing out.

"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. Now buckle up. I'm taking you home," I tell her instead and mentally brush my shoulder. Nice and smooth.

Laney just hmphs before doing as I tell her and buckling up. "You're no fun," she grumbles and I smirk.

"Never said I would be," I tell her.

"Yeah well, I don't want to be your friend anymore," she adds. I chuckle.

"I never wanted you to be my friend in the first place, remember?" I ask her with a raised brow.

She frowns, lost in thought. "No, I don't actually," she finally responds. I just roll my eyes.

"Too bad I do," I joke as I recall the day we first met.

Laney and I met when junior year in high school started. She was the new girl and fate decided to lay his cards down by having her crash into me, quite literally. I was on my way to the library when this blonde crashed into my chest and knocked us both down.

"Ah I'm so sorry! I got lost and I accidently walked into the men's restroom and now this big scary dude is chasing me and—," she began when an angry stomping of feet came in our direction.