Chapter 13- Danny Mays

Happy Friday everyone! Here's today's chapter! Hope you like it!! Enjoy!

****

Chapter 13- Danny Mays

I am mentally and physically exhausted. Going shopping with each group and my mom at least twice a day every two/three days is very taxing on my body. I don't mind helping out but I can say that I will not complain when I am finished.

"Where do you have to go or do next?" asks Lindsey as we head to the lockers. I close my eyes and rub the space between my eyes in a way to soothe myself.

"Um, I need to see how the music category is going on," I answer as I open my eyes again. I then proceed to put in my locker combination and take textbooks out while adding more in.

"Isn't that where Ashton and Laney are assigned?" she asks as she leans against the locker to my left. I hum in response, too tired to actually focus on what she was saying. "So, did you give them a list of songs you want?" she continues to ask. I sigh and give her a tired look.

"Look, Lin. I assigned it to them because I trust their sense in music. Ashton is always on his phone with earphones in his ears or around his neck. Plus I always see him scribbling things down on a paper so I'm guessing its music," I inform and she stares at me with a raised brow.

"And you know this how?" she asks me and I feel myself blush.

"I-I-um-I'm not stalking him or anything," I find myself blurting out and Lindsey gives me a smirk.

"Ho? You sure?" she asks.

"Sure of what?" two voices ask and the twins pop in front of us.

"Nothing!" I quickly exclaim before Lindsey could open up her fat mouth and blurt it out at the two. I don't need them hearing any false statements and create more problems for me.

The twins stare at me intensely as if they're trying to find some secret deep in my soul. However, I put my invisible mask on to prevent them from seeing. It's the mask I use almost every day to everyone except these three but sometimes, even they can't see what I'm actually feeling. They don't need to be dragged in my crappy life problems and worry about me.

They then shrug and then grin. "So guess what?! We heard that Troy Dansforth finally asked Vanessa Johnson to be his date to the Ball this year," Tiff tells us.

"Finally! I heard he wanted to ask her for a couple years now," Lindsey states and I just listen in. I'm not in the mood to participate and I think they notice because they quiet down.

"Danny, I think you should go home and rest. You don't look too good," Ana whispers as she gently touches my cheek. I give her a tired smile.

"I'm good. Plus I have to meet up with Ashton and Laney to see what they got so far," I respond and they worry their lower lips.

"Danny, what's your mom making you do?" they ask softly as we begin walking out of the school now that it was over for the day.

I falter a little in my step and smile at them. "Nothing, don't worry about it," I answer. "Well, I gotta get going or I'll be late. I'll text you guys later," I call over my shoulder as I skip down the steps and walk over to my car. I slide in then quickly pull out of the parking lot before I can let my mask drop. I can't risk anyone seeing- not even my friends.

I finally slouch in my seat and blankly stare at the road ahead of me. Truth is, Joe had to go back to Europe to finish his schooling. He spent a few days with me until I was finally okay to walk and then he got a call from his principal saying he had to come back or he'd be dropped out of his classes.