Chapter 6-Ashton Eaton

Happy Friday y'all! Guess what that means? A new update! Hope you guys are excited for it. This will be filled with some action at last lol. Enjoy!

P.S- Picture of Mr. Reys up above. 

****

Chapter 6- Ashton Eaton

Pulling into school early allowed me to witness a scene I never thought I would see. I saw the history teacher of this school walking up to a very familiar car and tapping on the window and talking to the student with this disturbing look on his face.

I quietly get out of my car and step closer towards Mays's car after the teacher pulls back and walks up the stairs, sneaking glances every now and then back at her before disappearing. For reasons unknown, I felt this urge form in my gut that made me want to punch something, or rather someone. Maybe a someone who is older than me and is a worker at this very school.

I frown at this sudden urge and look back at Mays, wondering how she is feeling. Maybe she didn't see the hints he dropped? If so, it'll be easier for her. However, I see her distressed look and her shaking hands as she holds them up in front of her face. I see the way her lips tremble and I know she is aware of what he's doing.

Crap. I'm feeling angry again. Angry that someone has the audacity to make a person so uncomfortable. And why is she not doing anything about it if she notices? How long has this been going on? Why am I even questioning this? It's none of my business and I don't care about her...right?

Ah crap. What is this? What did that small and unfortunate meeting at the hallway yesterday do?

After shaking out of my thoughts, I see Daniela climb up the steps towards the building with students flocking around her and I keep my focus on her back. Just what is she hiding? Is she honestly the person who she portrays to be here at school? Or is there, maybe, something more to her?

She turns around suddenly and looks at me and I take this moment to truly look at her. Her eyes are missing that usual sparkle that I see in most people. Did she always have it dimmed? Her smile is fake but the one she gives me looks more broken and defeated than any I have ever seen.

How can she still smile? What the heck is this girl hiding? Doesn't she have it all? Then what despair did she face or is facing to have such a smile and look on her face?

Before I can detect anymore, she turns away and leaves with me wondering what she is keeping on the down low. Is there something more to her? Is she not the person I think she is?

Shoot...she is so freaking confusing. What the heck?! Someone of her caliber shouldn't be so hard to figure out. She's supposed to be some cliché rich girl who cries when she doesn't get her way or throws a fit when her nail breaks. But there's more to her. She's not like that at all. At least, the look on her face said it all.

The bell rings drawing me out of my thoughts and I jolt back to the present. I realize I'm the only one out of the school building save a few students who stare at me with weird glances. I just shrug and move past them, climbing up the stairs and heading towards my first class, AP Calculus. Let's do this.

***

Walking down the empty hallways with my lunch bag in hand, I make my way towards the music room, my usual hideout during lunch period.

As I'm walking, I drown myself in my music from my earphones. Fall Out Boys is blasting through.

I casually glance around and spot Mays sitting behind a desk with signup sheets in front of her. A lot of the student body is flocked around her, asking questions on what it is for and other pointless questions.