Protective Cobra

You stared down at Natsu, whose face was buried in your chest.

Anger coursed through your body rather quickly. I'm gonna make his death as painful as possible! You hissed in your head. This is why all men are utter trash!

But before you could act on your anger, a scaled covered hand gripped Natsu's head tightly, lifting him up off of you.

You looked up an saw Cobra standing in front of you, holding Natsu by the head. Cobra had a vein coming out of his forehead and neck, and his nose was flaring.

"What do you think you're doing?" Cobra snarled at the Fire Dragon Slayer.

"Let go of me, Cobra, so I can fight you!" Natsu shouted, squirming slightly in Cobra's grip.

"Not a chance." Cobra spat, "You're gonna end up like the redhead over there." He turned around so that Natsu could see what he was talking about.

In front of the guild's entrance, Erza lied face down on the ground with the right side of her Heaven's Wheel Armor broken.

And the was a small pool of blood forming under her head.

"Erza!" Natsu shouted loudly, gaining the attention of everyone in the building. Happy and Carla were paralyzed from what they saw. "What did you do to her, Cobra! I'll kill you!"

Cobra bent down slightly so that his mouth was next to Natsu's ear. "I should kill you for groping my girl." He whispered in a snarl.

"Wha-" Natsu gasped, utterly confused. "What are you talking about? I didn't touch anyone!"

"Shut up, Pyro!" Poison came from Cobra's scaled covered hand as he squeezed Natsu's head.

You rose to your feet, witnessing what Cobra had done and what he was currently doing. He's angry. You thought. For my sake.

"Natsu!" Happy shouted, tears forming in his eyes. He attempted to fly to his best friend, but was held back by Carla.

"Let him go!" Gray shouted, turning his back to Racer. "Ice Make: Lance!"

Cobra sidestepped the attack. "Buzz off!" He growled.

"Excuse me, Cobra, was it?" Evergreen spoke up. He looked over his shoulder, glaring at her. "Why don't you take a nice break?" She smirked as she lifted her glasses and her eyes glowed yellow.

Cobra lifted Natsu in front of his face, and Natsu made eye contact with Evergreen.

Evergreen gasped, but it was too late. Natsu turned to stone.

Cobra let go of Natsu's head and the Fairy Tail wizard's body wobbled before it stayed still.

"Nicely done, Medusa." Cobra smirked at Evergreen. He turned to look at you. "You okay?" He mumbled quietly.

You nodded, feeling your heart beat faster in your chest at the thought of Cobra getting mad for your sake.

Cobra walked over and stood in front of you protectivly, glaring at Laxus and his team.

"What are you doing?" You asked in a monotone voice.

"I'm gonna rip them to shreds." Cobra replied.

"I can fight them on my own."

"I know, but-" He gritted his teeth, the scene of Natsu getting a faceful of your chest replaying itself in his head. I'm not lettin' any of these guys touch her! "-I'll take on the guys, you handle Medusa."

"That's not my name!" Evergreen snapped.

"What's the deal?" Laxus growled. "Why're you breakin' up our fight?"

"'Cause I got some steam I need to blow off." Cobra said, half telling the truth. "And you three look like the perfect punching bags." He smirked, referring to Laxus, Freed, and Bickslow.

"Sorry, but you'll have to wait in line." Laxus growled, glaring at Cobra. "I'll deal with you after I've taken care of her." He tilted his head in your direction.

"You're not getting past me." Cobra hissed, veins popping out on his forehead.

The rest of the guild who watched Natsu get turned to stone, slowly went back to their own fights, praying that Laxus and the Thunder Legion would defeat you and Cobra.

"I said I was gonna fight her," Laxus declared, lightning sparking around his legs and feet. "so I will!" In a flash, he turned himself into lightning and dashed right past the Poison Dragon Slayer, at his right side, toward you.

However, Cobra hears everything.

Laxus almost made it completely past Cobra, but the maroon haired wizard reached his right arm back and latched his hand around Laxus' right ankle through the lightning.

How did he do that!? Laxus' eyes widened as he body returned to its original form.

"How many times do I have to tell you Fairies that I can hear everything!" Cobra snarled, throwing Laxus by the ankle. The blond flew back and knocked into Freed and Bickslow. "And I said you ain't gettin' past me!"

"Laxus! Freed! Bickslow!" Evergreen shouted, worried about her friends.

"You should be worried about yourself." You said in a low voice from right behind Evergreen.

The Fairy mage stiffened at the sound of your menacing voice, but didn't turn around just yet.

"I actually really like that spell you used." You admitted honestly.

"My spell?" Evergreen questioned, "You mean, Stone Eyes?"

"So, that's what it's called." You nodded in understanding. "Yes, that spell. I like it."

"Is that so?" Evergreen smirked. She lifted her glasses before quickly turning around to face you. "Then maybe I should use it on you!"

Her eyes were ready for contact with another pair of eyes, but when she turned around, your eyes were already closed.

"How stupid do you think I am?" You growled, your eyes remaining closed.

"Even if I can't turn you to stone," Evergreen out her glasses back down. "with my Stone Eyes spell, I can control the state of those who have been turned to stone. Meaning, I can undo the process if I want to."

You were about to ask her what she was referring to, but a loud voice from behind you made you rethink that thought.

"I'm back! Fire Dragon's," Natsu shouted from behind you. Your eyes snapped open and you spun around. "Iron-"

A flash of maroon hair appeared before your eyes, the male punching Natsu in the face with a poison covered fist.

Cobra's eyes were wide with rage, veins were visible on his forehead, neck, and fists. His teeth were gritted as he watched Natsu fly backwards, "DON'T TOUCH HER!"