Prison Break

You were waiting.

You sat in the center of your dark and cold prison cell, your legs crisscrossed. You had your eyes closed, and you were focusing on keeping your breathing steady.

You needed to conserve as much energy as possible.

The time would soon come.

The guards were beginning to talk about you during their lunch breaks.

"Hey, you know that prisoner . . . uh, what's her name?"

"Oh! I know who you're talking about! Toxin, right?"

"Oh, her? I heard she's this deadly wizard, but she hasn't been acting like one."

"Well, she's in prison. What did you expect?"

"Still. Prisoners always have some smart comment to make when a guard comes by."

"He has a point."

"So, what're you saying?"

"I've noticed that 'Toxin' hasn't talked, eaten, or moved an inch from the center of that cell in a week."

"You know, I've noticed that too."

"So she's planning something?"

"An escape?"

"Most likely. "

"We can't let our guard down around her."

You didn't know what time it was and you didn't know if it was daytime or nighttime. None of that mattered right now though.

It was time.

You spent nearly two weeks not eating or moving. You stayed sitting on the cell's cold floor, your eyes closed the entire time. You were conserving your energy and you were calming yourself, locking away your childhood like you had done before. Before you joined the Oraciòn Seis.

As it turns out, it was lunchtime which meant that it was probably around noon and the Sun was obviously high in the sky.

A guard stopped in front of your prison cell, carrying a tray of food. Not the best food, but it's still food.