Chapter Thirteen

"This is way too expensive, Mark

"This is way too expensive, Mark." I said in total shock as I looked at the price tag of the closest article of clothing inside the high fashion boutique, "I can't let you pay for me."

Nine-hundred fucking dollars for a jacket?

That's a luxury I cannot afford.

"Who said I was buying you anything?" Mark snickers beside me. "We're here for me," He says, "Not you."

I can't help but feel embarrassed that I assumed he was being generous, yet annoyed by his sarcastic commentary.

"Dick." I utter under my breath, a smile spreading through my lips when he doesn't hear me.

He approaches an associate and whispers in her ear, her cheeks glowing red at his proximity.

"Ofcourse, Mr. Tuan." She tells him, before walking away with a slight sway to her hips.

I wait until she's gone to interrogate, "What was that about?"

He turns to me, his cocky smile threatening to win me over, "Is somebody jealous?"

"No." Yes.

He smirks at me before talking, "I closed down the store for extra security." He explains as he glances around, "That way we don't have to worry about getting interrupted." He winks.

I shudder as the thought of earlier today consumes my mind, leaving me to wonder what could have happened had we not been cut short.

The idea both excites and terrifies me.

Breathe, Luna.

"So what exactly are we doing here?" I ask him, letting my hand slide against the glass table, admiring all the pretty heels that probably cost more than my entire wardrobe put together.

"I have a red carpet event next Friday." He reveals, and the associate comes back with all sorts of suits and ties folded over her arms.

"The designer is finishing up with a client right now, but he suggested I show you these." She says, her eyes fluttering as he smiles at her in return.

"Your such a doll. Thank you, love." He flirts with the blonde in an obvious effort to make me envious, but I roll my eyes in attempt to hide my growing jealousy. "You can leave them in my dressing room."

She leaves once again, and I notice Mark watching me closely with curiosity, but I ignore him and bring my attention to a shelf covered in jewelry, my eyes particularly glued to a beautiful diamond necklace.