Chapter Twelve

"You've got the part

"You've got the part."

My heart stopped beating the second those words escaped the director's lips.

"Rehearsals begin tomorrow morning, I'll have your agent email you all the information." He continues, before his eyes land on someone behind me. "You were right, she's exactly what we were looking for."

"I told you she'd be great." I turn around to see Mark approaching us.

The director turns his attention back to me, "I'm looking forward to working with you." He says, extending his hand to shake mine.

"Thankyou so much Mr. Wang." I eagerly tell him.

"Please, call me David." He smiles, and with that, both Mark and I exit the room.

We walk in silence for a moment, the sound of my heels clicking against the floor, filling the empty space.

This is too surreal.

It takes me a while for it to sink in that I'm going to be starring in Got7's new music video.

This is fucking crazy.

Mark walks with his hands in his pockets, a smug look on his face, and gives me a side glance, "Your welcome."

I stop in my tracks, trying to gather my thoughts and feelings into a coherent sentence, "What are you up to?" I ask him, my voice filled with worry and concern- for my sake.

"What do you mean?" He cocks his head to the side, acting all cute and innocent, but I don't fall for his charm.

"Is this some kind of joke?" I accuse him. Surely there has to be a reason behind all of this, right?

"Why would you think that?" He frowns, almost seeming as though I had hurt his feelings. "I thought you would be happy."

"I am." I tell him honestly, and he smiles again.

Why is he being so nice to me?

"Come on, let's go grab some smoothies. My treat."

• • • • •

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" Mark laughed while he sipped on his piña colada.

My eyebrows furrowed together as I continued to study his face, "Because your acting strange."

He props his elbow on the table and rests his chin on his hand, "How so?"