Chapter 37 - Rough Moment

Start from the beginning

Feeling his eyes in my back, I go on dancing with Jeremy, Ed, Mick, Eric and Tony. We arrived a bit later tonight and the crowd is quite large now as more Subs and Doms join the dance floor, pushing us a little further toward the center. Turning around, I realize that I can still Joshua though, so I relax and enjoy a good moment with the guys. I have come to really like Jeremy although I have known him for only a few weeks. His energetic and enthusiastic temper sometimes reminds me of Shannon although they don't have much in common. Jeremy is more mature and composed when Shan is totally immature and unruly. Jeremy leads a stable life even if he doesn't have a Dom at the moment and he has been doing the same job for five years, when Shan jumps from one bed to another and already has tried more jobs than a normal person would in a whole lifetime. Jeremy is extremely respectful and submissive when Shan doesn't give a damn about what people think and would never be able to take an order from a Dom; Shan is just against all forms of authority and I'm glad that he has been able to avoid many more troubles than what he has been into.

I also like spending time with the other Subs. Joshua was right when he said that it would be helpful for me to have some friends here to advise and support me. We talk about a lot of things in the Subs' room, but our main conversations never drift too far from submission in general. It is good to hear about all their experiences and they never miss to answer all my questions or to calm down my worries. Earlier this evening, when I told Jeremy about what happened on Wednesday and Thursday, he reassured me as best as he could. I realized that it was foolish of me to break the alcohol rule, but being close to twenty-one, this wasn't the worst part. Bizarrely enough, I am feeling more and more confident around Joshua and a new trait of character is slowly emerging in me. I still have my moments of shyness when I blush to the deepest reds, but I am getting more and more confident and I feel this willingness to affirm my character more and more often. This is what led me to talk back to him on Wednesday evening, most probably driven by the beer, and on Thursday evening when he lectured me.

The punishment I earned for that was the same as I already had either on the bench or bending over the bed; be it a spanking by hand or with a flogger doesn't change much to the whole thing, but bending across Joshua's lap was a different story. It reminded me of old times when parents would throw their children in the same position for a spanking and I felt utterly ashamed, although I willingly took it because I know the rule about respect and I admitted that I had messed up. Jeremy explained that he always feels the same when he is being punished this way, while Ed said he rather likes it. Well I don't and hopefully that should keep me from talking back to Joshua for a long time.

Jeremy and I have been dancing together face to face, almost grinding against each other - scratch the almost... we are grinding against each other - and I startle a little when I feel the presence of a huge man next to us. I quickly look up and realize that this is obviously a Dominant, but before I look back down as I should in the presence of any Dom, I have enough time to notice the paleness of his blue - almost watery - blue eyes and his grayish hair. I immediately feel uncomfortable but the guy is apparently interested in Jeremy as he leans down and speaks into his ear. After a minute, my friend tells me that he is going to have a drink with the man and I wish him good luck with a wink before I turn to Ed and Tony, Mick having also disappeared, who are still beside me. I will stay here for a few more minutes and will then go to meet Joshua at the VIP couch. However, we are soon joined by several Doms who invite themselves in our group. The five of them mingle among us and begin to dance in rhythm with our bodies.

"Such a shame...," one of them whispers in my ear as he grabs my forearm and brushes his thumb against the red bracelet. I just shrug my shoulders, giving him a little shy smile though keeping my eyes cast down so that I don't even know what he looks like. I don't feel uncomfortable as they stay to dance with us, fully aware that every member of the club knows the rule about the red bracelet. It doesn't prove that I belong to a Dom, but at least it shows that I am not open or available for anyone, so I don't mind their presence and we actually have fun.