Catching Fireflies and the unexpected hour

Warning I cried writing this

Riley's POV:

I wake up to the sound of bacon sizzling. Hmmmmmm
I walk down the stairs in my pajamas and sit in my breakfast seat as usual. I look at my mom and dad. I look at Auggie's empty seat. He's always the first up. I go back up the stairs to see what's up with this child.

" auggie?" I say in a sweet voice
"Go away" he seems upset
"Auggs I'm coming in". I say opening the door slowly.
"I don't want to speak to anyone"
"Hey, it's ok tell me and I'll fix it that's what big sisters are for".
"Ok, so basically mom said that she would take me to go firefly catching this afternoon but today I asked her and she said that she couldn't take me because she has to work late".
"But auggs you understand she also has to keep topanga's open as well as make a living from her first job as a lawyer,right ".
"Yeah I know but she never spends anytime with me anymore, and I really miss her sometimes".
"I know I do to sometimes but she is doing her best, I take you firefly catching today instead of mom how does that sound."
"Yeah, I suppose your just as much fun as she is so ok why not".
"Just so you know Ava can't come this is a brother sister thing OK"
"Yeah,yeah ok whatever I'll stay clear but for she's knocking on my door your answering her delusional questions."
"Bro, you need to get yourself a new girlfriend."
"She's not my girlfriend she's my wife so there's no going back besides we've been married for 52 years she'll die soon so there's no point in doing that."
"You know everything don't you now come on moms made bacon."
"BAAAAAAACCCOOONNNNN!!!"

I sit at the table and eat my breakfast in silence only the sudden movement of auggie's chair.

I stare at my dad I have no idea what they were talking about yesterday but I know Their convo had something to do with me Lucas and the word parents. So I put two and two together and figured out that they saw me and Lucas playing around with Ava, auggie and skyler and thought what I think they thought 'aww Riley and Lucas would make great parents blah blah blah.
They need to sit down and understand the fact that my relationship with Lucas has nothing to do with them if I want to have kids now or in 5 years time that's non of their business.
GOD!!!
I push that thought away and decide to ignore it.

I put my plate in the sink and sit down on the couch then switch on the TV to watch Teen Wolf.
(By the way I 100% live this show it slays all aspects of my life)
"Mom , I'm going to take auggie it firefly catching this afternoon is that ok because he told me that you were gonna take him then he seemed upset so I said I would"
"Yeah, sure as long as your back before 9:00 since it's Sunday and its a school night for auggie's."
"Yeah, sure no problem. AUGGIE GET READY WERE LEAVING SOON IM JUST GONNA GET READY THEN WE CAN GO. "
"Yeah ok "

I put on a white adidas too with gold stripes a blue shorts and white and gold superstars.
I walk to auggie's room and tell him to come out of he's done he comes out I hold his hand and grab my car keys then we leave.

"You exited auggs"
"Yeah I brought 3 jars just incase one of them brakes"
"Clever you, have you got your seatbelt on"
"Yep"
"Let's go then"

<skip car ride>

"Hey sleepy head wake up were here"
"About time"
"Yeah I know well what can I say NY traffic at 6:00 is hell "
"True,hey isn't this near Lucas's house?"
"Yeah, I think it's up the road"
" now do we wait until it gets dark so we can see them."
"Yep, here take this blanket it could get cold, how about we sit in the car until it gets dark."
"I don't mind a long as we're not too deep into the forest"
"Whhoooooo I'm a scary ghost whhhhhoooo monster!!!!"
"Riley stoppp that's scary"
"That's the point duh"
"Whatever just open the car and put on the heater it's starting to get real cold."
" sure"